free website stats program afr mixture for xieds | Harley Davidson Forums

afr mixture for xieds

murmax

Putting on xieds on 2008 ugc mainly used for touring on highways. Looking for advice on what afr mixture to get. 13.8/1 or 14.0/1 or 14.2./1 . Bike is used for long distance touring 2-up and loaded down. bike is also stock.

Putting on xieds on 2008 ugc mainly used for touring on highways. Looking for advice on what afr mixture to get. 13.8/1 or 14.0/1 or 14.2./1 . Bike is used for long distance touring 2-up and loaded down. bike is also stock.

go 13.8/1 if you have to go that route but i would go TFI .. take a look at the post i put in today about a true dual kit and look at my Pipes it will tell you that was still to lean if you have even a better air filter like the stock K&N replacment

Before considering a TFI, take a look at a PCIII or a PCV. I love mine. My humble and personal opinion would be to call Jamie or Kieth over at Fuel Moto before EVER making any decisions about ANY exhaust system. Those guys have forgotten more about exhaust than most guys will ever know.

Before considering a TFI, take a look at a PCIII or a PCV. I love mine. My humble and personal opinion would be to call Jamie or Kieth over at Fuel Moto before EVER making any decisions about ANY exhaust system. Those guys have forgotten more about exhaust than most guys will ever know.

I did ask Jamie at fuel Moto when I bought my JackPot pipes from him. He had absolutely no problem with the TFI, which I now run and am not only completely satisfied, but I also have a bit more coin left in my pocket as well. TFI is the best bang for the buck, no question IMO.

The big thing with the TFI is no mapping or downloads. Simple adjustment with a tiny screwdriver.

Less room for error if someone isn't proficient with a computer too.

For those that ARE proficient with a computer, the ability to fine tune ALL aspects of fuel mixture and timing might be worth the very little bit of extra $$. By the way, don't let these guys make you think that the computer adjustments are tough. You get a map from Fuel Moto that is set up for your exact set-up, plug in the the USB cord to your PCIII and hit "send map". If you still have any issues like decel pop or whatever, you just call Jamie at Fuel Moto and he'll talk you through the adjustments. It's really a piece of cake. Not sure what a TFI costs, but a PCIII can be had for $250 to $300 with a little looking around.

Just curious, how much for a TFI??

I guess even if you shop aound to find them at $250-300 (which I have never seen from a reputable dealer) Why do you want to spend more $ on a unit with less warranty that does not do anything more for you? Unless you are a racer or extremely high end mod kind of guy, why? And if so, then go with the SERT, way more accurate and tuneable than a PC. A SERT is the very best for high end and $ is no object. I see no reason ever to use a power commander. Nothing wrong with them, just throwing $ away IMO. A TFI will do all it will, and if you require more performance, then go to the SERT.

I just took XIED's (13.8) off my 08 Ultra. I used the Xied's when I was just running slipon's. I was happy with that combo. When I installed a S/E Air Cleaner also I went with a TFI for fuel management. Now I am really, really happy! :) What a difference. When that yellow pot lights up (accelerator pump) it's like a kick in the rear. She gets up and moves. Also added a nice rumble to the pipes and a little more volume.

That being said, if you choose XIED's, I have the ones I took off for $50.00 if you are interested. They are posted in the for sale area.

Also if you are ex military or active duty you can get the TFI for $150.00 :)

Smitty,
My point is if you need more than the TFI, why would you not go all the way to the SERT? I do not dispute the PC can do more if you are into high performance, my point is IF you are into high performance, why on earth would you use the PC rather then the SERT? And if you are like 90% of us, Why on earth would you use the PC at more $ than the TFI? I just do not see the reasoning. Bottom line, if your into high end than use the SERT which is by far the the most fine tunable out there for high end, if your not than the TFI is more then sufficient. I guess I just don't get it. To each his own.....

Back