free website stats program aerated oil | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

aerated oil

:s Not a big fan of idiot lights either, BUT that red light will catch your eye fast, Just sayin:s

Very true, Capt. Jack. One thing I forgot to mention is that the adapter they send with the gauge allows you to use the original sending unit for the light also.

IF you are having a sumping problem, oil in that crankcase will be beaten to a froth and aireated like said.

Softail tanks are Up and do manage to allow oil to get into the crank sump around the gerotors and at first startup you should go easy ,no blipping the throttle for about two minutes, until the crankcase is fully pumped back out.

IF you had no oilpressure, the lifters take only a second or two to CLATTER...

signed....BUBBIE

IF you are having a sumping problem, oil in that crankcase will be beaten to a froth and aireated like said.

Softail tanks are Up and do manage to allow oil to get into the crank sump around the gerotors and at first startup you should go easy ,no blipping the throttle for about two minutes, until the crankcase is fully pumped back out.

IF you had no oilpressure, the lifters take only a second or two to CLATTER...

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks Bubbie I had no noise, just the light came on so that eases my mind a little. had been riding for about 1hr before it happened and have ridden for 150 miles noe since and no problem. Will be taking it in to se if they can fined a problem which a think will be doughtfull since it seems it wont duplicate the problem.

Thanks Bubbie I had no noise, just the light came on so that eases my mind a little. had been riding for about 1hr before it happened and have ridden for 150 miles noe since and no problem. Will be taking it in to se if they can fined a problem which a think will be doughtfull since it seems it wont duplicate the problem.

It IS possible that enough air and foam got into the pump and caused it to do the "0" oil at the IDIOT Light...

I would Not be too concerned UNLESS it happens again. AND NOISE from the lifters...

I have a HD rear cylinder mounted gauge (off the valve cover) Nice easy install and I like to see it every once and a while JUST to feel good about oil pressure.

Out today and it kept 45 lbs most of my ride. Just Extra Feel Good to have it.

I have had oil pressure problems on my 09 FLHR... Done many checks and replaced many Parts. Still that occasional "0" at start up.

I added a 6 row jagg oil cooler and it has Not been a problem with "0" pressure again. Go Figure?

??? your guess is probably as good as mine here... I think the cooler Holds the oil from draining out of the pump and that is what caused MY occasional problem.

I have always had an oil gauge on my Evos and TC's... Just nice to see.

signed....BUBBIE

I use Redline 20/50 engine
MTL Primary
ShockProof Heavy tranny

Back