free website stats program Advice on what bike??? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Advice on what bike???

Dr. Dolittle may be spot on with the Dyna Switchback. With your height it may be just the ticket. Easy on and off of bags and windshield. Looks like a bagger with everything on. Nice pick Dr.

Sometimes you will just bump into a bike that calls to you then all the sensible stuff gets thrown out the window you get the bike and you love it

Brian

Dr. Dolittle may be spot on with the Dyna Switchback. With your height it may be just the ticket. Easy on and off of bags and windshield. Looks like a bagger with everything on. Nice pick Dr.

Wish I got a commission from Harley for suggesting it!

I saw an article recently on the Switch Back and with it's low seat height and the looks of a RK I thought it would be the perfect bike for someone who wanted to get the feel of a touring bike while easy to convert to a (forgive the term) bar hopper. If I were Harley I would appoint you Ambassador at Large, with commissions!!!

If purchase price is not an issue, another option would be the CVO Softail. Low seat height, looks amazing with or without bags and shield, and comes factory loaded with everything to include sound and GPS.

I recently purchased a softail classic, and I must say I, too, posted a similiar question as you on this very site. The one thing that tipped the scales for me was actually riding each bike (read DEMO). I, like you, am vertically challanged (5' 8") and the Heritage just fit me better. I was also really attracted to the styling of the heritage.

There is something emotional/behavioral that happens when you buy a Harley Davidson motorcycle...you will know when you have found 'your' bike, and when you do, she will become part of your family, part of your soul. As in marriage, this is an important decision to make. Take your time and follow your heart. Good luck!

Thanks yeah i have looked at the switchback online, nice bike but isn't a Dyna a smaller bike, i'm short but also shaped like sponge bob, about as wide as i am tall, lol, and isn't the Dyna not as smooth and soft riding as the soft tail NOT downing any of the bikes and models just asking.

Thanks yeah i have looked at the switchback online, nice bike but isn't a Dyna a smaller bike, i'm short but also shaped like sponge bob, about as wide as i am tall, lol, and isn't the Dyna not as smooth and soft riding as the soft tail NOT downing any of the bikes and models just asking.

When it comes to comfort nothing will compare with a touring framed bike. The switch back is a large v-twin motor, but you are correct it is a bit smaller. But I would recommend checking it out for it never hurts to explore all options.
The couple of items I do not like about the Switchback is the saddle bags are about half the size of the touring bikes bags and a smaller gas tank...

In 1998 when I was in the market for a new Harley I did research on the type I wanted to own. I narrowed it down to the Dyna Wide Glide and the Softail [can't remember the name but it had the wide front forks]. I chose the Dyna Wide Glide mainly because most folks had the softail. Latter when I was shopping for parts I noticed that the model I chose didn't have alot but the softails had tons. So keep that in mind too. Good luck and do your research

Back