free website stats program Advice for 2010 Ultra Classic | Harley Davidson Forums

Advice for 2010 Ultra Classic

Bought a 2010 UC May 2010, have 8800 miles on it now. On my last ride Memeorial weekend rode to Yosemite from Orange County the front end would start to wobble when hit buy gusts of wind. It is not the wobble from the motor, you can replicate the wobble while the bike is parked and not running by shaking the handle bars. It is worse when the bike is loaded riding two up. OC Harley in Irvine has been good but state everything is within specs nothing more they can do, have a meeting with factory rep on Thursday. I do not even want to ride the bike as once it starts you can control it but its scares the (EDIT) out of you. The wobble on the front end is high up in the forks. Tires, balance, rotors, fork nut and bearings all ok per OC Harley. The problem is worse with weight ie two up or bags loaded. My neighbor who used to race Harley's and still rebuilds bikes today will not even ride it for a test as he states he does not feel safe after he replicated the problem with it parked and not running. Suggustions as I meet the rep on Thursday?

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
you can replicate while PARKED? Can you describe HOW you create this replication? My 09 has been dead stable other than a little wind push on the fairing...but no front end wobbles. Did the dealer say "thats all we can do" after explaining that they found something or that they found nothing? Did they see this either at rest or while test riding (the wobble)? I would think the front end is fairly simple/straightforward. steering bearings, fork tube clamps, axle clamps/bolts, handle bar mounts/bushings....not much else I dont think that could be loose to cause such a thing...

Phil

Yes, just have to sit on the bike and shake the handle bars. It will start to resinate with a wobble then stop. I have had great luck with the bike no problems until the last trip. When riding and hit but a gust of wind laterally it will start the shaking, you can control it, just scares the heck out of you. The problem is worse when it is loaded. OC harley has been good including scheduling the meeting with a factory rep., had a 99 RKC until this and never had any problems, miss that bike right about now.

My neighbor who has a lot more experience with bikes than I (raced and rebuilding) will not ride it after he replicted the problem while it was parked.

Last edited by a moderator:
OC harley said they went through everything with 3 different mechanics, guess thats why they asked for a meeting with factory rep. I really noticed it in big wind when loaded when the bike was being tossed around a little I would feel the handle bars start to resinate with a wobble, never lost control where I felt like I was going to go down but nerve racking at 65-70 and you feel as if you lost control of steering.

Could this have anything to do with the "death wobble" we've been hearing about??? I don't know, cause I've never experienced it on my bikes, but just throwing it out there just in case.

I don't think so, my only experience with Harley before this bike was a 99 RKC that I got in 2003 and had up until last year, the bike was perfect. I have never experienced anything like the play/wobble in the handle bars on any bike dirt or street. I have read all of the other posts for that, no one mentioned anything about creating a problem with it parked not running. That is what concerned my neighbor who builds bike, he could create it while not running.

Back