free website stats program adjustment for passenger to ride with me. a question somebody i hope could answer. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

adjustment for passenger to ride with me. a question somebody i hope could answer.

How many miles have you got on the bike? It's a 10 year old bike. May be time for new rear shocks, especially if you plan to ride 2-up.
Try Progressive Suspension 430's or 440's. Should make a huge difference and both adjust by hand with no tools. Easy install. 30 minutes total.

total weight for both of us is around 275-300 lbs. i didn't think it would affect it so much cuz I'm most of the weight. but this helps out alot. any other tips or anything else that i would need to be aware of since this being my first bike?? anything would be helpful. thank you

Welcome to the HDT forum Funny_Man101...you got some great advice from the others. Check the front label which has the VIN number and tire inflation info all on the front frame...which is 30psi Front & 40psi Rear to start with stock wheels and tires. I put 42 PSI out back when I ride two up with my gal. I also use the HD spanner to set the preload on the rear shock to the max.step (most spring compression for max preload for two up riding...(I actually left it there, because I rely on more ground clearance when I do...uhhh "spirited" rides when she is not...:newsmile036:

Back