free website stats program Adjusting to 2009 Ultra Classic | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Adjusting to 2009 Ultra Classic

Been thinking about the reach seat, I have pullback handlebars, back rest and had the bike lowered front and rear. One simple solution I also chose was new boots with a thicker sole. Helped a lot. I am flat footed at a stop but if I lean back into the backrest I'm not quite flat footed. Works for now, my only concern if the reach seat not being as comfortable as the stock seat which, for a stock Harley seat is amazingly comfortable.

Last edited:
You may also look into a reach seat.It will move you a little more forward and also allows you to be flat footed at stops .I love mine.

South East near Watertown
Research the self help here before doing thw work you will be fine do you have the service manual for your bike ?
Download it print out the pages you need so you have it to look at and read while working.
QUOTE]

I would like to download this file but it says i have to have 150 posts before i can down load it.

Im not into spamming the site to get there, is there another link where i can get this.

I just bought my 09 ultra classic and i want to get to know it and this manual would be perfect to help me with this process.

thanks in advance.

Rodney

Your correct but the end result is great. I've had a Road Glide for 5 years and I've done all the changes and it's been really worth it. The power it has, the comfort on a long ride, handling in the twisties, the available after market that makes you bike really special are just some of the reasons it's worth it. Having had "brand X" bikes in the past, none of the above could be applied to them. Bill

Just had the HD pullback bars installed. Used the same cables.

I just fitted the 2" pullback bars to my FLHT. I did not have to change any cables, brake pipes. I have a backrest also and found that I was just too far back in the seat with the standard bars. I can reccomend the swap. Cheaper than a seat and it fixed my riding position very well.

Cheers

Neil

I have a 09 SG & put 2" pullbacks on a couple of months ago & love them. Don't have to lean foward anymore. Can sit up straight now.

I'm 5'11 and about 250. I'm long-waisted and short-legged so the issue for me was to "hop" over the saddle to begin with. As mentioned a rider's backrest is a must-have. Another trick I used on my 3,000 mile round-trip this summer was to wear one on f those elastic back supports like you can get at Lowe's or Home Depot. It'll support your back, especially when you take one of those real "spine busters" up through the seat. The other great piece of advice was, don't rush into modding things. Get really used to the bike first and see what really needs to be changed versus shotgunning it and spending a lot on things that weren't broke. Enjoy the ride.

good luck with your new bestest friend.
when i got my ultra, i asked myself why i didnt do it 20 years ago!

Wonder what all those poor metric riders do, For the most, they don't have the vast array of goodies to choose from that we do.

Actually the poor metric riders DO have a vast array of goodies to spend their money on...just that the bikes are in such a high state of tune and change almost every other model year that their idea of upgrades are usually performance or lightning (weight wise) using carbon fiber and exotic metal mods quite a bit more expensive and not so obvious...as our "Chromitus - (in silver or black) affliction... :bigsmiley24:

good luck with your new bestest friend.
when i got my ultra, i asked myself why i didnt do it 20 years ago!

I have to agree, I just bought my ultra in Las Vegas, rode it 2800 miles home in 4.5 days, the first thing i did when i got back was meet up with my riding club to go for a ride.

This bike is an absolute dream to ride. I did 500-700+ miles a day 4 days in a row, and never felt like i needed to give it up for the day, I just plain ran out of daylight.

I love this bike stock, only mods i have done was the backrest,( a must have) and i changed the lower door flaps out for some lockable doors with a drink holder.

other then that the only other think i may invest in is the centerstand.

Great bike, smooth ride, I was doing 100 miles an hour and could still hear the stereo well at one point, and didnt even realize it untill the photo radar flashed in Arizona, and i looked down to see what that was going to cost me. I had a trip permit so im hoping that a ticket doesn't show up in the mail. lol

anyone that is sitting on the fence should take one for a test ride. HD hit a home run with this bike.

Back