free website stats program Accessory Switch Connector | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Accessory Switch Connector

I will be putting a sirius satelite radio on my RG when it is built, but i was wondering how everybody snaked or routed the wires for power to the accessory plug that is up under the seat. The dealer said they have a adapter plug to wire into the power wires for the receiver so that the power will be turned on and off with the accessory switch.

The mount puts it on the left side handlebar using the screws that hold the clutch and mirror mount next to the grip.

I would suggest routing it to the back of the lighter then. Much easier, and it is switched with the ignition. I have run my Garmin 276c and Sirius both while using the lighter to charge my phone. None of these draws much in the way of amperage. The only thing you gain by running it under your seat is to gain use of the dash switch, but I wouldn't think it'd be worth it. JMO.

I ran my Sirius and radar detector off the back of the lighter until yesterday. I had no problems with it at all. But the Sirius power supply is in the lighter plug. If you cut that plug off and wire it to 12 volts you will fry your Sirius receiver. You will have to get a lighter socket (auto store) and tap that into the lighter jack on the bike.

I decided to run the wire to the accessory jack under the seat so I could use the accessory switch to turn them on and off. I took me almost all day to get it done. Finding the accessory plug under the seat was the hardest, running the wire under the tank and into the fairing was a pain. Installing the deutsch connector on the power wire was not too bad. I did solder and heat shrink all connections in the fairing. I do like to be able to turn on/off both devices with one switch. Glad I did it, not sure I would do it again though. :)

when i talked to a dealer yesterday, he said they had the plug adapter to plug into the duetsch plug. just splice the the wires for power from the unit to the adapter and plug it together. Can use the accesory switch and leaves the cigeratte adaptor free for cell phone or whatever. I was curious how much of a pain it was running the wires up under the tank to the plug, figured there is no easy way. thanks for the reply.

That gray plug (top pic) on my 09 Street Glide has power all the time. I could not find the Acc Switch plug everyone is talking about? Please help me with places to look & if it has a different color plug?

You are looking for a 2nd similar looking accessory plug buried behind the tank, in "front of the battery" you need may need to remove the battery (have the FOB nearby, and follow disconnect sequence to prevent alarm going off) to fish it out.

Back