free website stats program Accessory Switch Connector | Harley Davidson Forums

Accessory Switch Connector

Can someone tell me where to find the accessory switch connector on my 08 Ultra? I have the seat off and it is not where the manual picture shows it to be. In fact, my battery top is different from the one in the picture. Mine has a cooling fin type of top whereas the picture shows a negative & positive terminal....

They are down in front of the battery. There should be two four pin connectors. I ran mine down to right near right side cover and attached my accessories to them. They are both controlled by the Accessory switch. Also, The cooling fin you are looking at is the top of computer. The connectors are forward of that and in with the other wiring in front of battery.

Last edited:
CIMG0439.jpg

CIMG0440.jpg

It is located in front of the battery and just behind the gas tank. You may have to dig for it but it is there.

Is this Accessory Switch Connector blue with a cap on it .Also is it opperated by acc switch located next to cruise switch on lower inner fairing ? My switch lights up when i swicth it on and was wandering if it was wired to a plug. Thanks for any and all comments

My accessory plug is under the left side cover..nice and easy to reach..it is ran by the switch on the inner fairing look at figure 21, page 74 of your owners manual. don't know what plug these guys are tlaking about. the switch in front of the battery is a hot lead. I wired my fog lights to it and they worked in conjunction with my headlights dimmer switch.

Last edited:
I believe on the 08 bikes with ABS they relocated a few things. Look under the side cover.

I have a question related to this, I was in the Harley chrome and parts department. They had a HD Cigarette Lighter/Accessory socket that had the two regular spade lug mating wiring harness, but on the other end was a small 1/2" square rubberized plastic plug with 4 small round receptacles.

It is did not appear to be the nylon-lever lock Molex rectangular connector that was posted earlier, and package says it mates to a HD Touring Bikes only...but do other HD models use this small accessory plug?

Is that what Kikkert is talking about? :newsmile071: The reason I would like an answer is I was thinking of getting it for my Sportster, but I may have to "modify" it to fit, but I need this 12V Receptacle to power my GPS, with any luck...:dknow

Last edited:
Back