free website stats program Accessory Connector Plug | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Accessory Connector Plug

Status
Not open for further replies.
The accessory circuit should be protected by the accessory fuse and the ignition by the maxi fuse and both again by the maxi fuse.

Thanks for the great info and pics.

What's the plug circled in red under the accessory connector for?

There is one similar on my Sporty, it has only one wire (+) going into it.

I'm thinking of using it with a frame (-) connection for my GPS, is it possible or wise ?

That's a data link connector, not be used for any hookups.
Thanks Mr. Data for your input.

Am I missing something or what?

I have checked all the relevant posts, I have checked the manuals electrical info and the wiring diagrams for my bike to no avail.
Is there a spare wire or connector on the sporty to connect a GPS or, eventually heated gear?

Looking as I might, the only thing that seems remotely like able to do the job is the 480 Metri Pack (PED) but you tell me that it's not suitable.
On the Wiring diagram, I have followed the wire from the accy fuse (I assume it means accessory) but it seems to connect to stoplight, turn switches and tacho only.

I'm starting to think that there is no auxiliary socket on the Sporty and that it's only available on the Cruisers and that I will have to connect directly to the battery using an on line fuse?

Aaaaahhhhhh!!! :(

I'm starting to think that there is no auxiliary socket on the Sporty and that it's only available on the Cruisers and that I will have to connect directly to the battery using an on line fuse?

Aaaaahhhhhh!!! :(

Yep, that's the scoop, baggers only :D

Pull the acces fuse and see what goes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back