free website stats program Accessory Connector Plug | Harley Davidson Forums

Accessory Connector Plug

Status
Not open for further replies.

glider.

BOT Machine
The accessory connector located just in front of the battery on most models has 4 wires in it. Different circuits are available in this socket and the mating plug is available from the dealer to use this as power source for different things as seen in the lower pics on this page.
This is the plug that is switched power from the accessory switch on touring models.

I believe these are the dealer numbers for that part.

72114-94BK - sealed socket housing
72154-94 - secondary lock, 4 socket
72191-94 - stamped and formed socket (pins)

These are the designations for the wires in that plug in earlier models as shown in the pic below.

In later models they are located under the seat in a black or dark gray connector as shown in the second pic.
pin 1 - O/R
pin 2 - R/Y
pin 3 - O
pin 4 - BK

Take a look here too...

HD Accessory Plug - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
With the wires for the accessory plug, can you splice into the wire with a clamp to use it as a permanent power source for the Sirius satelite set up and then just use the battery for the ground? Or is there a better way to connect the power source to the accessory switch?

The dealers sell the other half of the accessory plug for connecting to the circuits in the plug which is the best way to connect. The wire clamps are a poor choice when dealing with vibrations on the bike. You get the other half of the plug plus the terminals that go into it so you can use only the circuit in the plug that you need and not all of them if you wish. There's constant hot, keyed hot, ground and brake light circuits in the plug so choose the proper circuit for your radio, either green or orange depending on your preference to be keyed only or keyed with the nacelle switch in the circuit.

On the thread for the sirius install question, wiring the power supply to the negative for the battery and then the hot wire is where im not sure on how to tie it in. Im looking for a permanent power supply which is why i don't want to use the cigarette plug under the seat so are you ssaying the h-d dealer will have a plug to tie in the hot wire? I want to be able to turn the Sirius receiver off with the access. switch and i see how that plug in front of the battery allows it. Its just tying the hot wire from the receiver into that plug. Thanks for your help and patient with my question.

Yes, the dealer has the mating portion of that plug under the seat, just give him the year and model of your bike for the right part. In that plug you can pick up the ground as well as keyed hot and keyed/accessory switch hot.

Question here is you want it to be hot with the accessory switch?

Again, here's the options posted above...

There's constant hot, keyed hot, ground and brake light circuits in the plug so choose the proper circuit for your radio, either green or orange depending on your preference to be keyed only or keyed with the nacelle switch in the circuit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, so all you do is splice the ground and hot from the receiver power supply wires into the plug wires from the h-d shop and plug the two ends together, right.

Almost....

No "splicing" needed. you either get or ask for the terminals for the end of the wires for that plug, apply them to the wire ends for the plug after trimming the wires to the proper length for your application and insert the ends into the plug once installed and they snap into the plug, then plug the two plugs together.

I like to put a drop of solder on the end terminal and wire for a more solid connection rather than just a crimp.

These part numbers are correct, I purchased these parts yesterday.

"I believe these are the dealer numbers for that part."

72114-94BK - sealed socket housing
72154-94 - secondary lock, 4 socket
72191-94 - stamped and formed socket (pins)

How is everbody routing the wires from the handle bar to up under the seat. Are you routing up under the tank or what other options. Thanks for any replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back