Votes: 17 16.2%
  • Makes no difference to me

Votes: 27 25.7%
  • Don't understand them

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never owned a bike with them but everyone I know that has ABS loves it. I think my next touring bike will have them. When I buy the 2011 RG I will get them.

If you decide to purchase the ABS system, it may be a good idea to test them in a controlled environment (i.e. parking lot) so when you use them in a panic situation, you know how they react and feel. I prefer to ride without ABS.

High, I'm a new rider and i have purchased the new 2009 road king classic with ABS so i guess i wont know the difference ..

High, I'm a new rider and i have purchased the new 2009 road king classic with ABS so i guess i wont know the difference ..

No worries Teejay1, you will know the difference the first time you do an emergency stop, press and hold the brakes all the way down, keeping her there...you will feel a slight pulsing...but your bike will stop straight, rubber side down short of the obstacle. No Sweat :newsmile071:

What you will not see is the rear end skiddiing, coming around sideways, countersteering a heavy steering front end diving, bottoming out, tail up in the air, ending up with one or more wheels off the ground and then silence... Way too much drama, pain, lost time, a lot of followup paperwork and quite possibly a footnote in the local news! :small3d011:

Last edited:
I agree with Smitty. I ride as if I had no brakes. Don't tailgate, and don't put yourself into a situation where you need to slam on the brakes. I hate ABS in the car. I want to now when I pull in the brake, it's grabbing the wheel, not grabbing and letting go. If you know your bike, you can slam on the brakes and keep her straight. I don't think I'll ever have ABS on my Harley.

I agree with Smitty. I ride as if I had no brakes. Don't tailgate, and don't put yourself into a situation where you need to slam on the brakes. I hate ABS in the car. I want to now when I pull in the brake, it's grabbing the wheel, not grabbing and letting go. If you know your bike, you can slam on the brakes and keep her straight. I don't think I'll ever have ABS on my Harley.

I agree with your thinking and logic. I ride like I am invisable as well. But your are only human. You have no control over idiot cages. If you start thinking you do, then you are in a dangerous place. Don't ever think your so good that your safe, cause your not.

I needed them really bad on my 03 rkc....barely got her stopped. Was my fault a guy at a traffic signal was gawking at my bike and i was giving him a stupid look when I looked back at where I was going my lane had STOPPED!!!! Oh boy. So I had a good excuse to get the 09 ultra. I love the ABS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back