Votes: 17 16.2%
  • Makes no difference to me

Votes: 27 25.7%
  • Don't understand them

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what I'm missing, since I don't have them & never had them on the bike. :p

I find a cup of coffee does the job of keeping me alert and a shot of whiskey does the job to calm the nerves, that's all I need.

The rest is skill!

As I said in another thread on this subject,took a ride last week,didn't like it at all.That said both of my brother's in-law say they will never own another bike without them. One has an 09 Ultra, the other has an 08 goldwing

Got a friend that rides a Goldwing with ABS. Says he would not have a bike without them. He is a very aggressive rider and swears that even in rain the wheels will not lock up. He was taking the Advanced riders course and the instructor was amazed at how the things worked. My next bike will have them.

If you do everything exactly correctly, you can stop faster without the ABS but, when the cager cuts across two lanes to make an illegal left turn in the rain on a foggy morning, they sure come in handy.

I paid the extra bucks for them (a lot} and they do work well. Ive tried some extreme braking (in an empty parking lot) and I could not lock my brakes up! Even when I tried to! At a recent Skilled rider course I had to take to be a H.O.G. Road Captain,I had the shortest stopping distance by far out of 12 Harleys.I think only one other guy had ABS.They do work and in the rain it gives me a little extra peace of mind. All this being said, I still think an experienced rider who knows his bike can do without them. Its really just another luxury to me.

I guess it depends on whether or not the extra money is really worth it and the type of bike. I've been riding for a while without them and until it becomes standard I won't find out.

I wish I had them especially right before my last accident. I believe they might have helped as the brakes work real good on the new bikes and are real easy to lock up. It is hard to control bike with front brakes locked up.

Next bike will have them - no question. In a panic situation when you absolutely have to stop (cager, deer, hot blonde in a string bikini, etc) they will be worth every penny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back