free website stats program A Quick Note to Members and Guests | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

A Quick Note to Members and Guests

You know guys I'm a truck driver and hang with guys that ride, it nice to go somewhere and not hear (see) that kind of language. I'm no angel believe me but its a pleasure to come here, get information you need and the brotherhood without all the (EDIT). OPPS. Sorry! Thx for keeping a clean site.

Please.excuse my last post (above), didnt think the 2 intials would upset anyone. Sorry for my ignorance wont happen again lesson learn. My apologies.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do things my way with in the rules, while others break the rules with NO punishment
Flaming is a classic example
Nuff Said

HDTimeline.com is a private site. We are ALL guests here including the Moderators. While we do value all the points of view that our members and guest have and express here, we do so while considering the rules that have been established by the owners of the site. This is especially true with respect to the language tolerated (or NOT tolerated) here, and the mutual respect expected of all members for each other. The "First Amendment" argument that some violator of the rules try to bring up is a moot point. We welcome a diversity of ideas, beliefs, and opinions AS LONG AS THOSE ARE EXPRESSED IN A WAY THAT FOLLOW ALL THE RULES.

After an attempt to correct rules violations by issuing some minor infractions or "vacations", some people are asked to leave the site for continued violations. A few respond with great vitriol using an abundance of profanity and personal attacks against the owners or managers of the site. This type of behavior confirms that the decision to ask those people to leave the site was the right one. The overall objectives of the rules, and the enforcement of those rules by the team of moderators, is to defend the site from degrading into an environment that IS NOT conducive to the open exchange of ideas, experience, beliefs and opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
What if somebody curses you out, or threatens you in a private message?

Well, the key word there is "private." The mod team cannot see PM's sent between members, nor do we want to. They're PRIVATE, get it? Members are always free to not open PM's they receive from someone they have no desire to interact with. Members are also free to retain, print, or do whatever they want with PM's up to and including the contacting of law enforcement if they feel that action is warranted. It's really no different than Facebook or any other type of social media that has a public side and a private side. We the mod team will continue to monitor the public side of this forum and enforce the rules there.

Back