free website stats program A new twist on bike winterizing | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

A new twist on bike winterizing

I know are bikes are important tous and we do have some major cash tied up in them, but I think some times we just keeping chasing ideas that support the thought nothing is to good for my bkie and some ho wthats going to make it run or last longer.
Guilty myself but many years of riding have taught me to just relax it does not need much of this over protection we want to give so we feel better.
This FB is 12 years old ridden often and in any weather in Wisconsin stored in an unheated Garage with just a battey tender and an HD branded cover.
Bike is doing just fine.
Clean it dry it wipe it down cover it and pray of good riding weather it will do fine
IMO
cleanit.jpg

lol...Have you been drinking Smitty? Check your spelling. Hope you don't get on the scootter in the snow.:bigsmiley20:

I'm still very reserved on the water born products when used in direct contact with metal. It may be the way of the future but I'm a bit old school in this area and can't understand how it can do anything but cause a problem when in direct contact with bare metal.
We all know what happens when a piece of unpainted steel is left outdoors. In my mind, this is what is happening under the water born paint and media when it is applied to a degree on bare metal.

I'm probably way out in left field here without a glove and nothing to back this theory of mine up , but that's how I see it anyway.

Glider, I'm old school as well, but my son changed the paint line on our trailers to waterbase 11/2 years ago and I'm amazed even the sandblast effect a trailer gets is minimized and the gloss is staying longer.

You're probably right, I just cant imagine it in my mind though. I'm an old lacquer type guy when it was around.:(

Back