free website stats program A new Pledge believer | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

A new Pledge believer

I use microfiber cloths for everything. I love em, I buy big bags of them and wash them when they get dirty. I noticed some guys talking about swirl marks and they come from using abrasive rags. Be sure to a good cotton cloth or microfiber cloths.

I've been using Pledge on my cars and trucks since about 1970 . I was doing sound for a band and they was playing for the custom auto show that used to come to the Kiel Center in St. Louis every year. I and the rest of the guys in the band got passes to get in the night before the show started to watch them bring in the custom cars and trucks.
When I walked in the first thing I noticed was the smell of Pledge; it was everywhere.
I figured if it was good enough for all those customs, it was good enough for me.

I use microfiber cloths for everything. I love em, I buy big bags of them and wash them when they get dirty. I noticed some guys talking about swirl marks and they come from using abrasive rags. Be sure to a good cotton cloth or microfiber cloths.

Note: Not all microfiber cloths are created equal. I learned this tip from a car detailer:

Use a CD to test the cloth for how abrasive they can be. A good quality cloth should leave no marks on the CD even if you bear-down while wiping it.

Also, do not use fabric softener if you clean the cloths in a wash machine. The softener can rob the material of some of it's wicking properties.

I just had to add to this thread, I'M a BELIEVER! I've got a black bike and the Wizard's works very very well and up to this weekend was the best I've found for black paint, BUT...... I tried the pledge and all I can say I will be using it from here on out. Absolutely took out all the spider webbing with ease. I don't know if it's good for the paint for the long haul, but it sure looks awesome now. A humble thank you guys! At my old age, I'm still learning and willing to keep an open mind. :bigsmiley8:
Ugly John

WARNING...WARNING....WARNING:

PLEDGE DOES NOT WORK! YOU HAVE BEEN BRAINWASHED IN TO THINKING YOUR MC LOOKS GOOD. DO NOT BUY IT. IF YOU DO THEN THE PRICE WILL INCREASE MAKING TOO EXPENSIVE FOR US THAT USE IT JUST FOR DUSTING.
DOES NOT WORK...DOES NOT WORK...DOES NOT WORK!!!!!
:bigsmiley8::bigsmiley8:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sarted using Pledge and S100 Engine Reblacking this spring when cleaning the bike. Best 2 products out there for detailing as far as I'm conserned. Put a new windshield on this year and Pledged it right away, make cleaning bugs and road grime off the bike and windshield so much easier. I'm a true believer!

I gotta admit, I have my detailing spray that I like but I got a can of Pledge to check it out after reading alot of the posts here.

Wiped down my Sportster over a week ago and there still isn't any dust on it.

I'm a believer.

Back