free website stats program A Ki-tec / Doebeck TFI | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

A Ki-tec / Doebeck TFI

If your unit is the older type unit, they used a crimp on connector called scotch locks that can loose a connection easily. The newer ones are plug and play with connectors like on the bike now. Check the positive connection for a good connection and possibly replace it if necessary.

If your unit is the older type unit, they used a crimp on connector called scotch locks that can loose a connection easily. The newer ones are plug and play with connectors like on the bike now. Check the positive connection for a good connection and possibly replace it if necessary.

will check that out thanks. although when i checked all the connections they all seemed good and to be plug and play types. still trying to get my head around how my O2 sensors can power the unit because they go directly from the pipe to right hand side panel to grey and blk connectors which then rolls directly into bike harness

think prob easiest thing to sort this out is to send unit back for testing.

but will double check connections

howo - Not sure if you contacted us or just Kitech today, but here's some questions and answers. We do manufacture the controller for Kitech and verify that they are great to work with.

The unit overall doesn't need any connection to the O2 sensors to fire up, check the mode settings, and make fuel adjustments. You should be able to see LEDs on the unit if just the injectors are properly connected and the black ground wire installed.

When you start the bike do you see the LEDs scroll back and forth for a couple of seconds? If you do see lights and press the MODE button are you saying it doesn't jump to some flashing LEDs to designate an adjustment mode?

Please refer to the adjustment demo at this webpage for an online demo: GEN3 EFI Controller - ATVs, UTVs, Motorcycles, Snowmobiles

ahh soz for not seeing your reply....... problem solved...finally located the guys who installed the fueler....turned out to be a loose connection just inside the unit... they fitted a VH fuel pak (spit) but promised me they will get in a replacement Doebeck/Ki-Tech unit as i prefer the adjustability of your unit. Still waiting for the dealer to sort it out (2 weeks).........................
Question for you ........will the gen 4's be available in the UK ? through Ki-Tech or elsewhere ?

Back