free website stats program 9K on Michelin Scorcher Rear Tire! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

9K on Michelin Scorcher Rear Tire!

Over 13K on the front, replaced the rear at 11K. Both dealer supplied Dunlops. I had been wondering what kind of mileage the Mich's would give. I'll be seriously considering the Mich when I need the next rear.

My buddy's 02 Road King gets about the same 10K on the rear, but has 23K+ on the front...both are dealer Dunlops. Tracy

I have the dunlops as well by dealer.
18K on front and 12K on back. replaced both this summer.
What a difference it made on the ride.

Thats because IMHO, Dunflops are made of concrete and unfortunately never wear out :D. The Scorchers appear to have longevity and decent grip.

Wow I can't believe you racked up the miles so quick. My dealership would have ben telling you to trade it as it was a high mileage bike lol.

I have these tyres on my Street Bob 2010 and really like them so far.

I do like to ride it....Fortunatley I live in an area where the weather is relatively mild (Auburn, Al. War Eagle, BTW!!). If you don't mind a little cool weather, you can ride almost year round.

I have a 2010 FXDC which came with the scorchers. Put 8k on it this last summer. Dealer did an inspection on it when it went in for service before storing and the techs say the tires have plenty of life left.

Tread life has alot to do with how you ride though. I am a very conservitave rider......lots of highway miles and don't accelerate too hard or corner hard so I would think 12-15k on my set of scorchers will be no problem. Will probably replace them at the end of next season. If you push the bike hard though your treadlife will probably decrease.

Scorchers seem to be targetted at the Dyna line right now. They do not have a front tire in the 16" size for the touring bikes (and the rears are 17"). May be coming (16" front and rears). But the tread design of the Commander and the Scorchers are very similar. I can see them expanding the line to include the touring bikes in '12 or so.

FYI - as I read it, the Commander line is being discontinued for the Commander II this year. So if you find 'em better buy 'em!

TQ

Last edited:
Back