free website stats program 99 Road King Fuel Consumption. Help??? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

99 Road King Fuel Consumption. Help???

Ijust bought a 99 RK Classic. It has Stage 2 performance mods (cams, bored out to 95 ci, hooker pipes, power commander II). I rode the bike home from Phoenix and averaged 22 mpg. I have to admit I was not going slow (averaged 80mph). Does this sound right??

I realize speed affects fuel counsumption,but that was a huge disappointment. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

My 10 model ultra gets 36 running 80 with just me on it. 40 to 42 when crusing around 60.

I always say that I bought my bike for the SMILES per gallon, not miles! However, your mileage is atrocious. Definitely check in with the company that makes your tuner for some help.

There was this neighbor, Joe,that kept bragging to his neighbor Ralph how great his gas mileage was. So one night Ralph decided to go next door & put in 1 gal of gas into Joe's car. Joe came over bragging on how his cars gas mileage jumped up & he didn't do a thing. The next night Ralph went over & dumped 2 gal in. Again, Joe came over bragging. Ralph played this on him for a couple of weeks & Joe just was amazed @ his gas mileage. Then Ralph decided to go get his fuel back, took it all out. Poor Joe couldn't understand what he had done to get such poor gas mileage. Hope you get it running better. I was getting 45-50 with my 99 UC until I replaced the fuel injectors last year, then it dropped down to 30 but as I drove it, it got up to about 40. I think one of the injectors was bad or at least not working at 100%, but I replaced that so when I get it back together I will see how it does.

Toby

Back