free website stats program 96 and up crankshafts | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

96 and up crankshafts

I'm on the lake, Bayfield. Great place to ride, lot of turny roads. Got an opinon on putting a oil pressure gauge on to try and catch crank problem if one before it toasts the engine?

I'm on the lake, Bayfield. Got an opinon on putting a oil pressure gauge on to try and catch crank problem if one before it toasts the engine?

Very Interesting point. Together with feeling increased vibration due to crank scissoring, you may head it off at the pass.

i think by the time it gets to where the Oil pressure drops its probably all ready to late

i think by the time it gets to where the Oil pressure drops its probably all ready to late

To late for what? Pump damage or engine damage. Pump damage absolutely. But engine damage, maybe not.

I really don't know because I have never been there so I don't know what takes place. But I would think if I saw pump pressure falling to 10 PSI (still not dangerously low) and vibration was high, I would look into it.

maybe?

To late for what? Pump damage or engine damage. Pump damage absolutely. But engine damage, maybe not.

I really don't know because I have never been there so I don't know what takes place. But I would think if I saw pump pressure falling to 10 PSI (still not dangerously low) and vibration was high, I would look into it.

maybe?

Both maybe one of the rags was talking about it while back and said by the time the oil pump goes its to late

I think i'll give it a shot. There should be some drop when the pump starts to grind on itself. Can't hurt. Anybody have any idea how the Harley oil pressure gauge kits are?

they use a plastic line to the gauge. and i was told again just what i was told is the pump dont grind its self away the gears crack and instant no OP

Back