free website stats program 883 Windshield | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

883 Windshield

I need a windshield for my 883. Is there a size that someone recommends?

I have the stock HD QR Smoked Windscreen which is perfect for my height 5" 6"" with inseam 30". I can look over the windscreen by about 3". Very little buffeting, and wear half-helmet w/ googles. The windshield bag did not affect the airflow, which is more of a suction away from the rider, and if I sit tall the wind seems to blow over my helmet rather than lift it. :D

2004SportsterXL1200R9-9-09-1.jpg
2004XL1200RUpgrades9-9-09-1.jpg

Last edited:
I have a detachable HD standard height windshield. It's JUST about right for the 2-3" below line of vision - if I ride sitting up fairly straight. I suppose it could be an inch less but it doesn't trouble me so I haven't bothered cutting it. I'm about 5'8" in low barometric pressure and when I'm doing 70+mph I get a bit of turbulence about my lid but it's way better than the wind in the chest of not having a shield. It makes highway riding more pleasant and definitely more bug free.

It was money well spent imo and it is so neat and quick to put on and take off.

Just a thought - if you're parking it for a while when you're away from home - for quick detachable you can read quick thievable, so maybe put a zip tie on it to make it less convenient for a light-fingered admirer.:devil

Back