free website stats program $ 7 dollar fix to a $700 expense. Please learn from my mistake!! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

$ 7 dollar fix to a $700 expense. Please learn from my mistake!!

sure it can when those cheap pins spread or break... 2 of mine have spread all ready to where they wont stay in and i have had replace them

Absolutely Correct

Mine seprated from the passenger side on same day from purchasing the bike
It riuned the clear coat from hiting the rail But at least they did not fall off

PS Great Idea on the pins

Ride safe
BuffaloBILL

Yes,and as I recall,Smitty and I both suggested that if anyone is that worried they should use red locktite!:lolrolling

Beware Red Locktite is virtually permanent, and sometimes requires heating the part to remove the fastener...!don't ask... :bigsmiley30:

Before anyone thinks there can not be a problem, I was following a friend earlier this year and the left side hard bag on his 08 Ultra let loose. HD replaced it for free as it got scratched up in the ordeal. Never say never. I don't see anything wrong with taking a pro active step in prevention. Good idea in my book. Ride safe.:s

I don't know about that. The Harley clips will not loosen if the pins are installed correctly. just have to make sure that they are twisted in all the way. I am not saying your idea is not a good one, it is I just don't' think they are necessary.

It's just a good idea when you put your bags on to take an extra second and just look in the back to make sure the pins are in the detent and turned all the way to the lock position.:newsmile03:

Back