free website stats program 6th gear | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

6th gear

Not having a tachometer on my 2007 Heritage can someone tell me what the RPM's would be at 60mph in 5th and 6th.

Glider, you are the best. I have to come clean, I wanted to see if you would post the link before I could search and find it myself. You came through. In fact I think it was was faster than a google search. Good job!

Glider, you are the best. I have to come clean, I wanted to see if you would post the link before I could search and find it myself. You came through. In fact I think it was was faster than a google search. Good job!

Hey, I try, sorry it took a whole minute to get it for you :bigsmiley20:

Got your name written down here now too.:lolrolling

I have the TFI, SE AC and Jack Pot slip on's. I find my 6th speed is very comfy at 70 MPH and OK at 65, but anything below 65 MPH 5th is much more engine friendly. I like 24-2500 rpm personally. I usually do not use 6th gear unless I am on a highway with 70 MPH stretches, which is not often. I spend lots of time on Route 66 and neighboring roadways. :)

Hi walleye. I agree with riding route 66. Rode to Davenport OK twice last weekend. I will always go route 66 versus the Turner Turnpike.

Hi walleye. I agree with riding route 66. Rode to Davenport OK twice last weekend. I will always go route 66 versus the Turner Turnpike.

I live just 2 miles off Route 66, so I ride it frequently. Lots of stops at POP's for breakfast then just roam. Definetely avoiding the turnpike! Been too hot lately.......:beach

This confirms I DO ride like a pepere...:s I'm usually in 6th at around 60 and it's tacking around 2200, no mods on the 09 SG so I do down shift for passing or hills... Hmmm, hills, that's all we have around here...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back