free website stats program 6th gear indicator light | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

6th gear indicator light

Swap out the gage with the new all digitel from HD allows for change of color as well as bright to dim. Cost you a little but will solve the problem as well as give your bike a new look.

Last edited:
I changed out the stock speedo on my SG with the combination speedo/tach - Part # 74777-11. Just put that number in the search space n he Harley website. no more harsh reflections in my eyes etc... Lots of neat colours for night riding and it is very funtional. Makes me wonder why the stock spedo's are so inferior. Love the new one!! 74777-11

Wow the lights must be different on those models. Some Dyna riders complain they can't even see the 6 grear lite in the daytime. I can see mine pretty good but no glare or anything that bright.

My old cobra tach aluminum housing gave off horrible glare around noon time. It was so bad I would put masking tape over it for long rides. But I got rid of that tach and bought a Dakota plug ang play combo speedo replacement.

I changed out the stock speedo on my SG with the combination speedo/tach - Part # 74777-11. Just put that number in the search space n he Harley website. no more harsh reflections in my eyes etc... Lots of neat colours for night riding and it is very funtional. Makes me wonder why the stock spedo's are so inferior. Love the new one!! 74777-11

If I am correct this combination speed/tach won't work on my 2007. Can anyone verify that?

If I am correct this combination speed/tach won't work on my 2007. Can anyone verify that?

Unfortunately it does appear the HD units were for later models. Dakota makes some but quite a bit more expensive.

--------------------
HD#74777-11 GAUGE,SPEEDO-TACH/KMH,BLACK Avg Price: $209.16 Msrp: $259.95

Features speedometer and tachometer pointers that sweep clockwise to provide a "gauge with in a gauge" look. These color-backlit gauges include a large LCD information screen that displays traditional odometer/ tripmeter data, miles to empty readings, an easy-to-read segmented fuel display, and a gear position indicator generated from engine RPM and vehicle speed. This valuable information is available to the rider at a glance. Mileage reinstatement resides in the vehicles ECM so initial mileage will be uploaded at the time of gauge installation.

Fits: Black Dial, KPH Fits 11 Softail® models with a 5" Speedometer (except FLSTSE2).
-----------------------------
HD#70900070 KIT-GAUGE,COMBO-SPEEDO/TACH,MPH Avg. Price: $239.96
Msrp: $299.95

Combination Speedometer/Tachometer allows you to monitor engine speed without adding a handlebar-mounted tach. The unit mounts in the stock dash opening and is a direct plug-in installation. Gauges feature speedometer and tachometer pointers that sweep clockwise to provide a "gauge within a gauge" look. The backlit gauges include a large LCD information screen that displays odometer/tripmeter data, miles to empty readings, an easy-to-read segmented fuel display, and a gear position indicator. This valuable information is available to the rider at a glance. The gauge features push-button adjustable backlighting with over 600 color tone options, allowing the rider to adjust pointer, LCD and backlighting colors to match any paint scheme or viewing preference. Kit includes a data transfer cable to easily upload initial mileage at time of installation. Available March 2011.

Fits: Fits 09-later Dyna®, 08-10 Softail®, and 08-later Road King® models equipped with a 5" Speedometer.
---------------

Back