free website stats program 3 phase stator | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

3 phase stator

I don't understand how you only read 1.4 volts output. Even if the regultor was toast, you should read at least battery voltage. Don't try to test the charging system without a battery hooked to the regulator. The battery is needed as a reference voltage and a place to sink the current.

On a 2008 (3) phase you should get some really strong lift on the voltmeter at the 3000 RPM range (<50 volts).. Be sure each phase reading is equal to each other. Reading 35 volts on one phase and 32 (same RPM) on another would be a reject stator in my opinion.

If you get good readings on above and you pass ohm reading test along with hi ohm (20meg) insulation from ground tests, change out regulator and see what happens. It would be very rare to see a bad stator take out a new regulator.

Welcome home Jim

Got just a couple more to go in a while here, so I can't give an unbiased opinion till I tasted them ALL! :D

Ok I have an 2007 FTLSC Heritage Softail Classic. My Battery is good, but keeps getting drawn on and goes dead. I connect a OHM meter to my Stator wires. It starts out with like 2.56, 1.7, 1.4, 0.9 then to 0.00 What is this telling me? I know just to be safe I'm going to change the Regulator. But I hate to replace Stator if not needed. Battery and check engine light on and speedodometer going crazy.

First step,,, What is the voltage across the battery when the engine is at 2000 RPM. What is the voltage across the battery when the engine is at idle. Need a reading to two places. (12.XX volts)

Also just curious. How did you determine your battery is good.

Back