free website stats program 3 bikes went down hard | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

3 bikes went down hard

I hope someone like you is around when I need it. Way to go, I have been there, you just react and do what you can. Your kids must be proud.

Just read artical.
Always ride in staggered formation Always!

well done. been near very minor spills. could do without running into that scene. though i would stop to help for sure. hope they get well soon, and stagger better.

It's called Karma, and it will come back to you at some point in your life when you need a good deed sent your way...

Good for you to render assistance when needed, alot of folk would just pass by. Hope they all made a total recovery. Should you ever need help I hope it comes your way..good karma.

Read the article, it sorta sounds like they were side by side riding and I gotta agree with Dr Evil and others..always ride staggered.

I agree with Dr. Evil on riding staggered AND having a ample distance between you and the rider directly in front of you to stop hard if you have to.

You have definitely added bonus points to your karma for helping. So many are afraid to help for fear of litigation. Great work and a great lesson for your children.

I too was involved in an accident on Saturday (not as serious as the afford mentioned). I was on my 2 day old street bob when a pick up truck pulled from a side road in to me as I was going past his junction straight down the main road, apart from the driver who had just tried to kill me the only other people around were a couple having a domestic. I think the sight of me being knocked off of my bike by pick up, then sliding down the Tarmac in front of them didn't bother them as they continued arguing before going in opposite directions whilst shouting obscenities at each other. None of them 2 even bothered to say "are you ok"
WAP.gif

I really can't add any other kudos for the magnificent job you did stopping to render aid and support until EMT's arrived.

I also will echo what several have said. It looks really cool to be rolling down the road in a tight formation but wow, is it ever dangerous! In addition to being staggered it's critical to allow LOTS of space between you and the bike you're following. You just never know what that bike ahead of you might be forced to do - swerve, brake, anything! The biggest danger here is usually complacency - you start off in perfect formation but close up tighter and tighter as the day goes on and you're feeling so good about yourself. I know I've been guilty of it and it's something I definitely intend to keep emphasizing to myself.

Back