free website stats program 2up riding comfort | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

2up riding comfort

Well, thanks everybody for advice and opinions. I got back to work from the Savannah Harley-Davidson. Spent my whole lunch hour looking at seats. The Sundowner looked wider than my stock seat where my legs will be reaching for the ground. I am kinda short (30" inseam) so I already cannot put my feet flat on the ground when stopped. I ended up getting the Reach seat. The passenger part of the seat looks like it has just as much padding, it's just an inch narrower. The guys at the counter also said it will lower me just a bit, probably put my feet on the ground. I'll let you know.

You'll like the new reach seat. I put one on my ultra before I brought it home.The stock seat left me with a 1/2 in. of air under my heels at a stop. The reach puts both feet firmly on the ground. As far as the passenger pillion goes, I can't say. I've never been 2up on the bike yet.

It has to be better for her than the stock on the SG. The SG passenger seating is very narrow and thin to follow the curve of the fender.

You'll like the new reach seat. I put one on my ultra before I brought it home.The stock seat left me with a 1/2 in. of air under my heels at a stop. The reach puts both feet firmly on the ground. As far as the passenger pillion goes, I can't say. I've never been 2up on the bike yet.

Hey Doug, you were right. I do like the reach seat and so does my wife. She is very satisfied. We rode yesterday for about 30 minutes and she loved it. It is also very comfortable for me and I can put both feet flat on the ground now. :D

Easy fix. Mustang makes a great 2-piece seat. Get two pillions, the 14" for when she rides and a narrow one for looks when you're solo. Both work with standard detachable backrests. If your shocks are adjusted per the manual, you're good to go.
(When you look at the prices, remember I said "easy" not "cheap".)

If you are looking at Mustang seats, you can order from M&Mcycles.com for a discount. You have to pay shipping, but if you take the price from them to your local shop that sells Drag Specialties stuff, they might match the price without shipping. :D

Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks again for advice and opinions. Also wanted to let everybody know that we love the Reach seat. We rode 2up yesterday for a little over 200miles. Not 1 complaint from the wife. I must say it is more comfortable for me too. The stock seat does look better, but I don't think I will be putting it on gor solo rides as often as I had previously thought. If anyone is lokking for a comfortable seat that will give you a little more feet on the ground, I definetly recommend this one. Thanks again, David

I know doj1975 got his seat and is happy...but, for those future lookers, I got the two up Mustang touring seat and HD thumbscrew. I plan to take the rear seat off when riding solo for a clean open rear fender. I'm very happy with the quality of the Mustang seats...if you're willing to pay. Cost about $500 for both seats, chrome posts, and leather bib (for under the posts when the rear seat is removed - it covers up the washers)

I have a tallboy seat with a detachable backrest with chrome passenger grips the old lady loves the ride.07 road king:

Back