free website stats program 2up riding comfort | Harley Davidson Forums

2up riding comfort

doj1975

I just traded my 07 Heritage for a 09 Street Glide a little over a month ago. My wife is complaining that it is not as comfortable to her. I was expecting a more comfy ride for her. Any suggestions for preassure in shocks or maybe its the seat pn the SG. What seat would anyone recommend? I've been looking at the Sundowner.

what part isnt comfortable ? to bumpy or the seat.. i changed the seat on my RKC for 2 up and also the shock oil for a bit stiffer ride she says it is much better now

I keep asking her the same question. I don't think she knows. I have been playing with the air in the rear shocks and just can't seem to get it right. I think its the seat. The Heritage had a nice thick padded passenger seat and now the SG has the more narrow, thinner passenger pillion that fits the lines of the bike.

change the seat then mine had the narrow at the back seat the one i put on to match my RKC has a 15" rear pad much better compared to the about 10' it came with

My wife saw the Street Glide seat and said no way. We wound up with the EG standard and added a removable backrest and luggage rack.
Her main concern is having something to lean back on.
I bet an EG seat and detachable backrest for her will make her happy.
Jim

I got the detachable back rest before we ever brought it home. She likes that. Has anyone tried the sundowner seat? Is it comfortable for the passenger or does anybody have any other suggestions. Thanks Bud, Smitty, and Jim. Will the EG seat fit the SG?

I put a Sundowner on my 08 Street Glide, and it made a big difference for passenger & rider. Also have the removeable backrest. Wife doesn't like riding with me anyway, but the Sundowner was much more comfortable to her than the OEM. For the price, the Sundowner seems like a fairly good seat.

I've been running 25-30 for solo riding, but I'm a big guy (300+) Unless the 09s changed the SG shocks can take up to 50 psi.

Had the sundowner on my RKC.... my ex-girlfriend really liked it. Much more coushion and wider seat for her wide ...... :newsmile100:

Back