free website stats program 2nd Day of Fall = FROST!!! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2nd Day of Fall = FROST!!!

Yes, out today and the bug population pretty much dwindled to nothing...still looking for my thermals so I can ride in comfort tomorrow for the trek to work. Guess I'm getting old - we used to ride in Jan in MN...now I can't handle 40's without complaining...;)

Yes, out today and the bug population pretty much dwindled to nothing...still looking for my thermals so I can ride in comfort tomorrow for the trek to work. Guess I'm getting old - we used to ride in Jan in MN...now I can't handle 40's without complaining...;)

:p Yep, football games at the local bars on Sundays in St Paul:s My Panhead always started:p

Jack; yep - 2-wheels was my main mode of transportation back then, or I had to borrow my dad's Pontiac Catalina (boat). Even though my scoot was metric back then (Kawasaki 550 LTD w/Windjammer fairing), because HD's were too expensive for my budget.

Kind of frosty up here Saturday morning too... It was still in the mid 30's when I headed out at 8:45am. I'll take that over the 100+ stuff we had way too much of this summer.

Supposed to be mid 40's tomorrow morning when I leave for work. Won't even need the chaps. :p

I am looking forward to the cooler weather. It was 91 degrees here at noon today. I miss the 70 degree days....

MAN Ice,,,,
We are also having COLD weather in the high deserts of Az.. (4400 feet)

It rained then Hailed for a few minutes Last week :bigsmiley15: but it all melted away as it was seeing 78* by 11 am that day, 91* toward the end...

That Ice reminded me of the Real Cooling in other areas More Prone to COLD...

I also dawned a light leather jacket for Sundays ride up to Mt Lemmon (9,000 feet with a ski area on top) above Tucson... Leaving Sunsites at 8 ish it was a COLD 68* :small3d031:

Took off that light leather in an hour for the short slieved shirt underneath:D

Darn Hard to get used to this cold weather here also...:newsmile100:

All kiddiing aside, That is Why I came to Az. in the first place...360+ days of riding some place in the state.

signed....BUBBIE

Bubbie; here in NE, it's so flat our altitude from one side of the state to the other probably goes up/down a couple of feet. I could probably toss a rock across the state & watch it land from East to West so there's nothing to stop cold from blowing right through.

At least today we had a nice 80-degree temp so riding home was a pleasant trip!!!

Back