free website stats program 255 cams/what to expect ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

255 cams/what to expect ?

Low restriction air filter like the Stage 1 kit and some free flowing exhaust slipons or complete system.

started with stock bike. installed 103 stage 4 kit. kit made good numbers but was noiey with 251 cams. took it all apart and installed 103 flat top pistons, ported stock heads and 255 cams with slip on mufflers, I like it much better now. I use SEST and downloaded the stage 2 map.

i have a 09 classic SE starge II 103 with 255 cams SERT kuryakyn Crusher power dual head pipe's SE slip on putting out 90 HP and 105 TQ
with twoup and fully loaded this is the way to go as far as passing power WOW
what a change from stock i,m more than pleased with the change

What's great about the 255's is that you can buy low-mileage CVO pulls on Ebay for around $150. I did my cam job for $285 including the Beatty bearing installer/removal tool. The result was a perfect for my needs, essentially taking the stock torque curve and moving it up about 10 ft/lbs.

Get 87 HP and 103Tq with my 255's stage II 103 with stage 1 AC and Screamin Eagle slip ons. Made my Ultra much more enjoyable. About the time the torque dips below 100 the HP is still climbing making good pulling even into the 6000 rpm range. No reason to be reving a 103 engine any higher. If I was to do anything else it would probably be some head work. Ultra's are not race bikes but the power and handling are much more than acceptable. Don't think you can go wrong with the 255's unless you're looking to race.

I installed 255 cams , bub # 7 duels, and a powercommander , zippers air cleaner, bike runs great, lot more power between 25-3500 rpms right where I ride, Its an 09 street glide, runs as good as my 03 road king with heads, big bore ,and cams ,powercommander and pipes, very happy with it hope it helps

I installed 255 cams

My earlier Post here About Enough Power for now...... Changed Already!

I decided to install the 255 cams on my full stage one 09 flhr, I Ordered them from MM Cycle(any day now) along with adjustable push rods (thin taper style)....

Yes I did re-read my post but "The Power BUG Bite" got me going again...
Mainly, I feel the wanting of a little MORE torque when riding 2 up!

I can do the 103 big bore Later... I like to get more miles out of the new bike THEN do head and bore work later.

Thanks to the ALL who HELPED re-support My decision to go with the 255's :D

signed....BUBBIE

Back