free website stats program 21 inch rim on my 13 Heritage Softail Classic? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

21 inch rim on my 13 Heritage Softail Classic?

Dolt i know when i looked into this for my Fat boy and my Dyna i would have needed to lift the front fender to accomodate the 21" wheel , My Dyna has a similar fender to the Heritage. there are kits out there if i remember to lift it the required amount to stop fouling

Yes, I stand corrected. I installed a 21" Breakout wheel on my Deuce but I forgot that the Deuce already had a 21" wheel which is what I was thinking; brain fart.:bigsmiley21:

The Heritage with the 16" wheel will require fender relocation; a cool custom fender that hugs that 21" wheel would look real nice. That is what I did when I replaced the OEM 16" Wagon Wheel on my '02 FLHT with a 18" Air Strike wheel from a '10 FlHX.

Attachments

• 20141130_163158_resized.jpg
    20141130_163158_resized.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 11
just done some digging and a night train front wheel with the correct spacers and tyre will drop straight in with no rubbing - one of the guys on HDF posted this and he is on a deluxe
I am running a stock Harley 21x2.15 off a nightrain with a 90-90 21 Avon WW.The 2.15 looks a little narrow under the FL front fender
here is a link to the thread on HDF
21" rim under a Heritage Classic fender - Harley Davidson Forums

That was a good thread, thanks for posting Hobbit. I would probably want to go with the wider tire,, the 2.15 looks a lil funky, but that's just my opinion.
WAP.gif

That was a good thread, thanks for posting Hobbit. I would probably want to go with the wider tire,, the 2.15 looks a lil funky, but that's just my opinion.
WAP.gif

Try looking for a Gasser wheel, the OEM wheel from a Breakout. It will be your only option for an H-D wheel with a fatter 120 or 130 front tire. Last I looked, the 130/60/21 was proprietary to H-D and expensive. However, there is an aftermarket 120 that is cheaper. Some of the Breakout guys are replacing the Gasser wheel with the chrome Turbine wheel and the Gassers are showing up on EBay and running about $400 for wheel with tire. I think you can buy the Gasser from an online discount dealer for just under $500 which is going to be cheaper than an aftermarket wheel by about half.

Back