free website stats program 2020 Street Glide Special Handlebar & Fairing Alignment Issues | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2020 Street Glide Special Handlebar & Fairing Alignment Issues

This was Harley Davidson's position on the issue. "ALL BIKES CHECKED PRESENT IN THE SAME OR SIMILAR OR OPPOSITE MANNER". "They're mostly all like that so too bad." Most ridiculous response I could have imagined especially for the amount of money I handed over for this "precision machine". That's exactly how a Harley Sales Manager described this bike during the purchasing process. I was told by Superstition Harley that no such sophisticated, precision alignment equipment (like that available for automobiles) exists at ANY of their dealerships. That they align these bikes with a tape measure and by "eye". Which I might have accepted but they refused to even admit that what is going on with my bike was even an issue. Would you be willing to provide the name of the dealership they want you to take this to for alignment ? And the cost ?

Here is a link to my drop box where you can view the video (provided to my lawyer by Harley Davidson Engineers) while inspecting my bike. This is a Harley Davidson Engineer inspecting and riding the bike. https://www.dropbox.com/s/mc60ysdk6501su6/GOPR0291.MP4?dl=0

Attachments

• Screenshot - 12_23_2021 , 9_53_09 AM.jpg
    Screenshot - 12_23_2021 , 9_53_09 AM.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited by a moderator:
The fairing is definitely turned to the right, maybe the inner fairing is out of whack, I'd tell them to fix it or take it back with a full refund, that is ridiculous.

This was Harley Davidson's position on the issue. "ALL BIKES CHECKED PRESENT IN THE SAME OR SIMILAR OR OPPOSITE MANNER". "They're mostly all like that so too bad." Most ridiculous response I could have imagined especially for the amount of money I handed over for this "precision machine". That's exactly how a Harley Sales Manager described this bike during the purchasing process. I was told by Superstition Harley that no such sophisticated, precision alignment equipment (like that available for automobiles) exists at ANY of their dealerships. That they align these bikes with a tape measure and by "eye". Which I might have accepted but they refused to even admit that what is going on with my bike was even an issue. Would you be willing to provide the name of the dealership they want you to take this to for alignment ? And the cost ?

Here is a link to my drop box where you can view the video (provided to my lawyer by Harley Davidson Engineers) while inspecting my bike. This is a Harley Davidson Engineer inspecting and riding the bike. https://www.dropbox.com/s/mc60ysdk6501su6/GOPR0291.MP4?dl=0
..Thanks for the info....next week sometime I will be in touch with a few bike shops that specialize in front alignments(swAZ) and, will let you know...Concerned as to why HD would have SG's forks off to right, if trued up don't want a different problem....

Wondering if there is any correlation with the tie down procedure when crating at the factory for shipping.

..Thanks for the info....next week sometime I will be in touch with a few bike shops that specialize in front alignments(swAZ) and, will let you know...Concerned as to why HD would have SG's forks off to right, if trued up don't want a different problem....
Are any of these bike shops in Arizona ? I didn't know what (swAZ) meant. Thanks, Mike

Superstition Harley is in Apache Junction, AZ; in the SW corner of the Phoenix metro area and near the Superstition Mountains.

Superstition Harley is in Apache Junction, AZ; in the SW corner of the Phoenix metro area and near the Superstition Mountains.
Superstition Harley in Apache Junction, AZ is the Harley dealer I purchased this bike from. They are the Harley dealer that told me that nothing further can be done about the condition of my bike.

Back