free website stats program 2020 Street Glide Special Handlebar & Fairing Alignment Issues | Harley Davidson Forums

2020 Street Glide Special Handlebar & Fairing Alignment Issues

I purchased this bike brand new from Superstition Harley Davidson in 2021. I noticed early on when riding on a straight freeway that the front end seemed to lean right. At first, I thought this was an optical allusion. Upon close inspection, I noticed that the fairing was tweaked to the left and actually rubbed on the clutch hydraulic line. (almost like someone from the factory or the dealer tried compensating for the front end "twist"). I took the bike in under warranty and requested that they properly align every thing up. They aligned the fairing of equal distance on both sides of the handlebars and is no longer rubbing on the clutch hydraulic clutch line. This exasperated the problem as now it REALLY appears that everything leans to the right. The bike does seem to go straight down the road. Harley Davidson Factory Tech told me that sometimes when the forks are "torqued down" at the factory that they will sometimes "twist" and that there was no adjustment available. That this issue is NOT a defect and that that's just "how it is" with some of these bikes. Now I can't seem to "un see" this while riding. Has anyone ever heard of this ? Any constructive input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Mike

Attachments

• IMG_3262.jpg
    IMG_3262.jpg
    827.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3263.JPEG
    IMG_3263.JPEG
    866.9 KB · Views: 38
This differently doesn't sound right, How are the tires wearing? are they wearing more on the right side than the left? Maybe the lean is not enough to make any difference on tire wear.

I agree with your comments on the alignment, it doesn't look right. The tech is just blowing smoke. Keep taking it back until they get it right. You may have to contact the home office.
Good luck and welcome to the forum from Gulf Coast AL.

That would drive me absolutely crazy!!! Call HD and get them involved!! The fix is probably a pain in the ass to do, and your mechanic doesn't want/know how to do it!!

I purchased this bike brand new from Superstition Harley Davidson in 2021. I noticed early on when riding on a straight freeway that the front end seemed to lean right. At first, I thought this was an optical allusion. Upon close inspection, I noticed that the fairing was tweaked to the left and actually rubbed on the clutch hydraulic line. (almost like someone from the factory or the dealer tried compensating for the front end "twist"). I took the bike in under warranty and requested that they properly align every thing up. They aligned the fairing of equal distance on both sides of the handlebars and is no longer rubbing on the clutch hydraulic clutch line. This exasperated the problem as now it REALLY appears that everything leans to the right. The bike does seem to go straight down the road. Harley Davidson Factory Tech told me that sometimes when the forks are "torqued down" at the factory that they will sometimes "twist" and that there was no adjustment available. That this issue is NOT a defect and that that's just "how it is" with some of these bikes. Now I can't seem to "un see" this while riding. Has anyone ever heard of this ? Any constructive input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Mike

Just purchased a 2021 FLHXS, 250 miles, same deal, leans right / pulls left / forks appear misaligned.....riding back to dealer tomorrow, not happy, 2nd street glide with issues, trade was a 21 FLHX with cali emission issues...whats up with harley quality? Owned Electraglides for years no issues....

Last edited by a moderator:
Just purchased a 2021 FLHXS, 250 miles, same deal, leans right / pulls left / forks appear misaligned.....riding back to dealer tomorrow, not happy, 2nd street glide with issues, trade was a 21 FLHX with cali emission issues...whats up with harley quality? Owned Electraglides for years no issues....
Good Luck.
The still shots I posted were taken from a video provided to me from Harley Davidson engineers who wanted to inspect my bike before they would address a Lemon Law claim made by my attorney. The claim was denied without explanation. After exhausting all of my options with the dealer and the manufacture, I'm filing a lawsuit against Harley Davidson. Let me know how you fair at the dealer. I also reported this issue to the nhtsa.....You should too....https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls?siType=C&nhtsaId=11433538

Purchased a 21 FLHXS, almost same scenario, took it in for warranty, basically told the bike is within harley specs...called harley was told to bring it to another dealer for alignment and I would have to pay for the work, not sure if that will solve anything,,,,not happy with HD at this time....

Back