free website stats program 2014 Sportster 1200 T | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2014 Sportster 1200 T

Well, had to re-open an old email address but finally got my own account. So now my questions:
My order didn't go in yet so I am advised by spouse to get "stuff" on so its covered by warranty: Vance and Hines slip ons, heavy breather, EMC recal., chrome engine guard.My husband will be installing a TFI, wants to know if the settings are the same as stock EMC setting. Going to take some getting used to the power coming off a H 250 Rebel!! I really liked the test ride on the stock 1200 T, rode a Suzuki S40 and an 09 883 first, was going to wait for 750 Street but this 1200 T really fit me.

Well, had to re-open an old email address but finally got my own account. So now my questions:
My order didn't go in yet so I am advised by spouse to get "stuff" on so its covered by warranty: Vance and Hines slip ons, heavy breather, EMC recal., chrome engine guard.My husband will be installing a TFI, wants to know if the settings are the same as stock EMC setting. Going to take some getting used to the power coming off a H 250 Rebel!! I really liked the test ride on the stock 1200 T, rode a Suzuki S40 and an 09 883 first, was going to wait for 750 Street but this 1200 T really fit me.

The TFI will add or subtract fuel depending on your set up, read the instructions close they should have base settings as well as settings for pipe and air cleaner changes, Congrats and good luck

Now that you have warned us about your up coming new bike you are now expected to post photos of new bike as soon as you get it

Brian

Most definitely!! So hard waiting for one to come in but really wanted the ABS and it seems none of the dealers in the area had an orange one, in fact I don't think they had any with the ABS. One of my riding faults is I have locked up the rear tire/brakes a couple of times, forgetting you cannot stop a bike that fast, so I am hoping the ABS will help teach me that while keeping my skin intact.. Not very good on tight right turns either but I will learn, Hope to put at least 5,000 on it this season: It's 36 right now in Michigan, our riding season is fairly short. Didn't really want the black and I wasn't impressed by the two tone white and light Teal (odd because I love a dark Teal). Sorry about the TMI but I am getting excited,,,hope bike comes in early for me.:)

brake with the front and not so much the rear and you will stop faster and with more balance , but that will come as you progress and learn i rarely use the rear, the 1200T imo is one of the best sporties going, still not sure why it comes with a pilly pad as its more a solo rider with the short controls and compact seating position

Hmmm... I just bought a 2014 XL1200 Custom. I'm 6'2" and 225 pounds and coming off of 30 years of riding metrics.

Your 1200T will cruise interstate all day long at 75 mph no sweat: STOCK. Are you sure you want to add all that stuff from the gate? The 1200 EVO is a screaming motor and the lightweight of the Sportster makes it fast. You may want to try it a bit before you change anything. Just sayin'

I test rode a new 2014 103 Low Rider Sunday at Demo days, and if I had a 103 I'd want to do a bunch of stuff to it to make it run like my stock Sporty. (It's the best motor the motor company makes, but don't tell your husband I said so... LOL.)

Back