free website stats program 2014 Radio popping | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2014 Radio popping

I have a 2014 ultra limited and it poped . I downloaded the new version of software and it stopped.

I just got my FLHX on Christmas Eve and it pops. I called the dealer. I also tried installing the latest version of the software update.

StreetGlide11, do you have the same system I have? , I have the 4.3 Infotainment system, not the 6.5. I followed the PDF instructions on the HD site where I found the latest version, which I think is 1.17.1.2??? When I plugged my flash drive into the system it did not recognize the device, or something to that effect(I don't recall the exact wording).

Is this what fixed your problem? If you can shed any light that may help us it would be appreciated.

Not sure about the popping but I would certainly bring it back to the dealer to correct the problem.

Regarding the antenna; my dealer parts guy told me to leave the stock antenna on. I was planning on putting on the shorter one and he talked me out of it. Said there is signal loss from the shorter antenna, thus getting poor reception.

I also heard there's a new (in '14) software update coming that addresses the 'popping' issue. There are various other issues, too, e.g., turn the radio off, but it comes on when you start up; strange behavior when starting up, the radio goes into a mode where the panel-buttons (on the 4.3) aren't able to control it…etc. Weird stuff.

The short antenna (AM/FM) didn't work for me. My reception became very 'spotty', and channels that were fine with the stock antenna would come in and out. I put the stock antenna back on.

You might try replacing the stock antenna and see if that helps with the 'popping'. I suppose it could be contributing to the issue. But there is a software update coming that will hopefully address the issue.

Alan

I got the latest software to finally update on my system. I put it on a new flash drive and they connected right away. Anyway, now I will wait for better weather to see if it fixed the popping. I will keep you posted.

I can attest to the poorer reception from a shorter antennae, my system does not receive all the local channels it use to. I like a shorter antennae so I will look into signal booster. Should be easy enough.

Back