free website stats program 2014 Radio popping | Harley Davidson Forums

2014 Radio popping

murgas1

Just bought my bike a few days ago but I've noticed a distinct "clicking" and/ or "popping" coming over the speakers in just about any mode. Anyone else experience this? Only thing I've changed is the length of the antennae.

Just bought my bike a few days ago but I've noticed a distinct "clicking" and/ or "popping" coming over the speakers in just about any mode. Anyone else experience this? Only thing I've changed is the length of the antennae.

Maybe you're listening to a Pop station :D

Somethings arching out? plug wires? Wait a minute,there's guys here that will actually know.I'm already getting in over my head.:small3d023:

Not sure what is causing your problem, but I would be going to the dealer with the issue. A brand new bike shouldn't have issues.

Not sure what is causing your problem, but I would be going to the dealer with the issue. A brand new bike shouldn't have issues.
That's what warranty is for.
Try fixing on your own and goof it up, then you might void the radio warranty.

I have a 2014 Ultra Limited and no popping, but then again I haven't changed the length of the antenna. Was it there before you changed any thing? Good ol warranty should fix it.

Only thing I've changed is the length of the antenna.
Which antenna? (CB or AM/FM) What did you change the antenna length with? A different antenna entirely?

They aren't long like they used to be. Wouldn't see any need of changing antenna length except on CB and they should be trimmed (if ever needed) with a SWR meter.

Harley is aware of the problem. it is a software problem and are working on a new software update. my radio pops every now and then too.

Thanks, that's what I thought would be the answer
WAP.gif

Back