free website stats program 2014 infotainment system is a joke | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2014 infotainment system is a joke

On a lighter note, I had a large collection of CD's that were made for me with "my style of music" and the new bike no longer has a CD player. I hate to admit that I was forced into the "modern era" when my son said, No problem Dad, we'll just download it onto a flash and you can plug it into the USB...." The what ?" "This thing here.." So, now I don't have to listen to commercials or DJ's that think we want to hear them talk, or more importantly, bad music or lack there of. Comes with age. This is Great.

Well HD had to start someplace I guess to attempt to stay up with the touring bike times. I really didn't buy it for all the extra goodies, I just loved the color (Mysterious Red Sunglo), abs, hand adjustable shocks, and the look of the mailbox fairing. Kinda like the days of Dodge Challengers and GTO's.

Last attempt made with dalership and Harley Davidson on GPS system and SMS texting. The dealership put in lots of time checking things out and its a software issue. Ive decided to buy a GPS and have it put on who knows when the one on it will ever be safe to use, to me getting close to somewhere isnt good enough, and for the sms texting the last update according to harley page is is sept of 2012 with only5 phone types and 5 carriers working.( Harley should of put more time into validation unstead of using the selling point of infotainment system being a selling item. lots of folks are starting to complain but Harley wont step up to the plate and let all know, the only thing they say is next update will be in august. Hope everyone keeps there maps handy cause other wise theyll just get close to where there going.

Last attempt made with dalership and Harley Davidson on GPS system and SMS texting. The dealership put in lots of time checking things out and its a software issue. Ive decided to buy a GPS and have it put on who knows when the one on it will ever be safe to use, to me getting close to somewhere isnt good enough, and for the sms texting the last update according to harley page is is sept of 2012 with only5 phone types and 5 carriers working.( Harley should of put more time into validation unstead of using the selling point of infotainment system being a selling item. lots of folks are starting to complain but Harley wont step up to the plate and let all know, the only thing they say is next update will be in august. Hope everyone keeps there maps handy cause other wise theyll just get close to where there going.

Thanks for the update. You're right - this is really sad considering what a major part of their selling pitch the new infotainment system has been.

Back