free website stats program 2014 infotainment system is a joke | Harley Davidson Forums

2014 infotainment system is a joke

bigdaddy2

Bought a 2014 ultra liminted last year in sept. Its been month after month week after week with harley dodging the issue. The GPS system does not work worth a darn and neither does the SMS texting. Ive done done several trys to go to different places and it just wont take me there. Some of the issues are it wont let you type in certain towns, does not understand avoidances( it was gonna take me down every mud and gravel road it could find). Made phone call after phone call t local dealership and HarleyDavidson and still no resolution. My buddy bought a new ultra this year and he has the same issues. Harley knows theres an issue but they sure dont want to admit it. The dealership where i bought the bike at one point and time was gonna put a GPS on my bike until issue was reloved but they backed out of it. I asked the owner of the dealership why harleyDavidson isnt notifying customers that bouth the bike and if they were informing potential buyers of the issue, and all I got was the silent treatment. So be careful if your gonna buy one because all your gonna get is a glorified radio. Told them both how disatisfied I was but I guess it doesnt matter as long as they make a sale.

MENTION TO YOUR DEALER (owner):

IF this isn't handled by them soon AND corrected, I'll go to the SAFETY BOARD of DOT and lodge a UN-SAFE complaint with them.

Safety is the problem here ISN'T It?

signed....BUBBIE

You are absolutely right. I told them how would they like to end up in a dangerous part of town and not know where the GPS tokk them.

I am not saying that Harley's NAV is good or bad,but I have a Garmin Nuvi that i have had for 4 years.It has sent Me on avoidance ,in the rain in Chicago during drive time,off the freeway into a subdivision, that was a circular road, in one way and out the other and back on the freeway.The thing has constantly tried to send Me down an unpaved road or a road that does not exist!
Navigation systems are still in the learning stages!That is why You hear of people getting lost in northern Wisconsin forests because navigation sent them down logging roads!!
Last time I used the Garmin in Arkansas it would send Me down a road and loop Me back to the road that I was on before.It would lose communication with satellite every once in a while and one time completely reset dumping all the information and causing Me to have to reenter address again. Aaaaand with the last update it only offers Australian English and European English.I can't understand what She is Saying!!!! Why can't We have a man give directions?
So that is My rant about NAV.So imagine what the DOT or courts or ? can do for You!

Wow.....my buddy has a 2014 Limited CVO and says the system works flawlessly, had one issue in the beginning but dealer did a download and all is well. I'm thinking USER ERROR on this one.:(

Re: INfotainment GPS, SMS its a joke

For the ultra premium price HD charges for the GPS add on, I would expect it to perform better than the $100 entry level Garmin's that can be bought anywhere. I've read of many dissatisfied GPS owners. It may well be operator error, but each dealership should have one person fully trained to walk owners through the process. One other advantage that my cheap Garmin has over HD, is that I can take it into my motel room, and plot tomorrows route and waypoints comfortably instead of sitting on the bike in the parking lot. :D It will still take me to sections of town I don't want to be in though. :shock

For the ultra premium price HD charges for the GPS add on, I would expect it to perform better than the $100 entry level Garmin's that can be bought anywhere. I've read of many dissatisfied GPS owners. It may well be operator error, but each dealership should have one person fully trained to walk owners through the process. One other advantage that my cheap Garmin has over HD, is that I can take it into my motel room, and plot tomorrows route and waypoints comfortably instead of sitting on the bike in the parking lot. :D It will still take me to sections of town I don't want to be in though. :shock

I can get to those same sections of town with out any electronic guidance whatsoever! :shock

I merged the two threads since the are exactly the same.

I know how to use a GPS very well The garmin zumo550 that i had on my other bagger works great

I just bought a 2014 Electra Glide Classic that came with the Nav System. I really didn't want it but the trade in on my 2010 Street Glide was such that the deal was too good to pass up. When trying to set a route on the new system the frustration was such, that I went into the garage and retrieved the Garmin 550 Unit I've had for 4 years and installed it on my bike. Now, I can use the computer mapping program and lay out EXACTLY which roads I want to travel. I've used this on two long road trips from NY to Colorado and from NY to NC, TN, KY, OH, PA, back to NY with no issues. I'm sad that the rush to "include" a system before making it as good as what's already out there was made by the Company. I'll continue to use the Garmin. But I love that bike...love it

Back