free website stats program 2013 Indian | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2013 Indian

Not an entry level big twin any more, too bad they cannot hold the price down

HDTimeline,

I believe the 2013 referenced is a leftover from the old Indian. The new ones with the new Polaris engine will be available later this year.

I have a 1998 FLHTCI which I love and a 2005 Victory Hammer which has been flawless. I think the new Indian's released later this year will be more reasonably priced, have a better engine than anything out there, and will give HD some serious competition.

I hate to say it, but by any objective measure (JD Powers, stock price, etc.), Polaris is a much better run company than HD.

I think competition is great, and I can't wait to see these new Indian models.

Doberwiler

You guys may not be aware of it but your referring to the prior owners Indian. Polaris has yet to produce one for sale and they have not been released yet. Also according to Polaris they will be priced very close to Harley.

HDTimeline,

I believe the 2013 referenced is a leftover from the old Indian. The new ones with the new Polaris engine will be available later this year.

I have a 1998 FLHTCI which I love and a 2005 Victory Hammer which has been flawless. I think the new Indian's released later this year will be more reasonably priced, have a better engine than anything out there, and will give HD some serious competition.

I hate to say it, but by any objective measure (JD Powers, stock price, etc.), Polaris is a much better run company than HD.

I think competition is great, and I can't wait to see these new Indian models.

Doberwiler

You guys may not be aware of it but your referring to the prior owners Indian. Polaris has yet to produce one for sale and they have not been released yet. Also according to Polaris they will be priced very close to Harley.

Question:

Who owns Indian Motorcycles?
Answer:

Polaris Industries Inc purchased Indian Motorcycle Company in April 2011. Now backed by a $2 billion company, you can expect the confidence of the Polaris engineering team, vision, quality and performance to be delivered in the classic Indian Motorcycle. To learn more about Polaris
This is from the Indian web page:D Indian Motorcycles : Official Website

Last edited by a moderator:
Question:

Who owns Indian Motorcycles?
Answer:

Polaris Industries Inc purchased Indian Motorcycle Company in April 2011. Now backed by a $2 billion company, you can expect the confidence of the Polaris engineering team, vision, quality and performance to be delivered in the classic Indian Motorcycle. To learn more about Polaris
This is from the Indian web page:D Indian Motorcycles : Official Website

Your right Jack, Polaris bought Indian in 2011 BUT they HAVE NOT produced anything since then. All they are doing is selling the leftover Eagle Mountain Indians. If your going to the website then you should watch ALL of the videos to become informed as to what is going on. The new engine has been reveiled but the Polaris Indian has not yet been released.

Maybe when a true Polaris built Indian is produced it will have some more tolerable pricing for the average rider. We shall see.

This Chief model is way out of my price range, but was hoping they would come with a more-affordable Scout. But at this price point, maybe I'll hold out for the Papoose model.

The Big $$ bike shown in the first post of thread, has the "Powerplus" engine, as do the others if you click on 2013 models. If you go deeper into the website, they have info. on the "Thunder Stroke" engine that will appear on the 2014's.

The new Chief that is scheduled to be shown at Sturgis in August has a $18,999.00 price tag. Heating up the competition. Dealer network is to me the issue as how many they will have and for how long? Indian doesn't has the best longevity history.

2013 Indian Motorcycles : Videos

Back