free website stats program 2012 Fatboy Lo. sometimes it will not start, the signal start flashing and will not stop un | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2012 Fatboy Lo. sometimes it will not start, the signal start flashing and will not stop un

No response from the starter and the flashers activating means there's a problem with the security system. Make sure you have a good battery in your FOB. The problem could also be related to the tank being R&R for paint and the TSSM wiring being disturbed or pinched.
Thank you, I will follow your advice and check the security system.

We need to do some basics. Most Harleys have a security system with a fob, BUT it is an option, so not all have it. If you have never had a fob and the bike starts/runs it most likely does not have security system (TSSM). If it has security, there will always be a flashing red light on the speedo face when the ignition is off. But since the tank was off, If you know the motorcycle battery is good, disturb the bike, stand it up, roll it a few inches, put it back on the side stand. If it has security the 4 way flashers will activate for a bit. If they don't, there is probably no security system. I say probably because I have known/heard of owners hiding the fob under the seat etc., so they didn't have to bother with it. Another security check is to turn ignition on and press the left turn signal button, the odometer should say "enter code" if it has a TSSM. Once we determine for sure there is no security system, we can advise other ways to get it started.

Try taking off the console where the ignition switch is. Put a soft cloth atop your tank.Turn the console over, place it on your cloth cover and look at the wiring.
Remove -one at a time- the 3 wires that are connected to it. Thoroughly clean the male and female connections; coat them with electrical grease( or Vaseline). Check to make sure they have a tight contact and a GOOD contact.
Put it back together.
Note: when I say clean the connectors: I really mean clean the connectors. No half job.
There’s every chance one of those wires was disturbed when the tank was removed.

This probably happens because of security issues. First of all, you have to make sure That it had a good and stable battery in your FOB. Check again for security issues. Make sure to set the pin tricky

Back