free website stats program 2012 Fatboy Lo. sometimes it will not start, the signal start flashing and will not stop un | Harley Davidson Forums

2012 Fatboy Lo. sometimes it will not start, the signal start flashing and will not stop un

I have a 2012 Fat boy Lo sometimes the engine will not start. the starter makes no sound the front and rear turn signals start flashing and will not stop until I disconnect the battery terminals. When I am riding it feels like its losing power. When I have it checked by a tech he cannot find the problem. I recently had my gas tank removed and painted. The problem started after that. Has anyone had this problem?

No response from the starter and the flashers activating means there's a problem with the security system. Make sure you have a good battery in your FOB. The problem could also be related to the tank being R&R for paint and the TSSM wiring being disturbed or pinched.

Since the problem started after the tank was painted I would look to that as Breeze3at mentions, the wiring could have a problem, or look to the gas line having a hole in it

I too would put a new battery into the fob.
Set your pin to activate the alarm then enter your pin to disarm the alarm.
If you still have the problem locate the security antenna, confirm the connection is clean and see if you can relocate it to a more centralized area at the highest level possible.

No response from the starter and the flashers activating means there's a problem with the security system. Make sure you have a good battery in your FOB. The problem could also be related to the tank being R&R for paint and the TSSM wiring being disturbed or pinched.
I had the wiring inspected, however, the headlight code had to be cleared the last time it would not start.

Back