free website stats program 2011 Ultra Classic Limited hard to get in neutral | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 Ultra Classic Limited hard to get in neutral

My 2010 Limited was also dificult for the first 1000 miles. After I did my first service, using Redline oil and lowering my rear shifter one notch, it goes into nuetral very easy.

I have a 2010 Ultra with just over 100 miles. Neutral is hard to find; however, a slow crawl helps a bunch (vs full stop).

I have a 2010 Ultra with just over 100 miles. Neutral is hard to find; however, a slow crawl helps a bunch (vs full stop).

See post 6, my experience with new bikes and I have owned a few, the clutches are never set right to begin with and poor PDI does not help, see the self help section and adjust it a bit and I bet you will be happy:s

Neutral is hard to find on mine also. Going in this weekend for service. Does anyone else have a whining 1st gear?
Ctree

I had the problem as well.....I also couldn't stand the unbelievably light clutch feel.....so I replaced the stock clutch spring with a SE clutch spring.....much better feel and no problems getting into neutral.....

Yes on the whining first on my 2010 FLHTK. My friends 2010 FLHX does the samething, so I think it's normal.

Now! Vehicle has been returned after first 1000 miles service. Service dept advised clutch needed adjustment. I'm going to try new dealership. Vehicle still not easy to get in neutral. Maybe I will try clutch spring replacement. Still not happy. Found out my dealership is closing doors next month. Maybe that explains the bad service.

Now! Vehicle has been returned after first 1000 miles service. Service dept advised clutch needed adjustment. I'm going to try new dealership. Vehicle still not easy to get in neutral. Maybe I will try clutch spring replacement. Still not happy. Found out my dealership is closing doors next month. Maybe that explains the bad service.

Yep. You'll need a new Dealership.

If you want to try to fix it on your own, I suggest replacing the stuff in the tranny with a premium FULL synthetic GL-5 75W140 gear lube. I personally use Spectro Heavy Duty Platinum 6-speed Transmission Oil. There are also lots of fans of Red Line V-Twin Transmission Oil with ShockProof® here on the Forum. In my book, either is a significantly better choice than what is likely to be in your tranny now. This may solve your shifting problem on its own. But you may also want to adjust your clutch so you know how that was done. Here are a couple of easy procedures, or follow the other link which is a video. Either will get you there.

Easy Clutch Adjustment Method - Harley Davidson Community

Clutch Adjustment By The Book - Harley Davidson Community

Clutch Adjustment Video - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

Back