free website stats program 2011 flhx 103 | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 flhx 103

I would recommend a good 2-1. You can add a ghost pipe if you don't like the unbalanced look. 2500.00 seems a little steep to me for Stage 1, pipes and tuner. I had V&H true dual headers, Python mufflers and V&H Fuel pack installed for ~1200.00 last year. Now I am going with a black powder coated D&D Fatcat + ghost pipe for around 1400.00 installed since I already have the tuner.

Shakey
ghost pipe... never thought of that..... Hmmm!! Good point my friend.

V&H both same sized Slip-Ons. @ about 350$
SE air from HD*************** about 130$
TFI or Gen3 Dobecks Performance about 255$
****************************************** 735$
Less discounts for HDT.com Members**** check them out

Now I like what I have,,, The TFI does the job needed and is easy to install yourself and set...
I get a great sound from my choice of exhaust V$H slip-ons and the SE air does a good job getting the air in.

Later, I added SE255 and what a BOOST I got on my 96" 09 Road King.

This is a SELF HELP forum so Do your self and SAVE big dollars..

UNDER 750$ is a BIG difference and I enjoyed doing it My Self.

signed....BUBBIE

Plus...it's a win-win when you get to learn your bike while wrench'n on it. No better self-satisfaction than rumbling away w/a smile when the job's done...:D

You don't need a tuner unless you will be doing cams and/or head work down the road. Go to nightrider.com and look into Xied's. They'll work fine for an exhaust and air filter upgrade. I'd recommend them even if you were leaving the bike stock. My 103 runs much cooler now.

I am definitely going to do myself, and this forum is a God send.... I am gonna skip the header pipe for now and do exactly as you did my friend.... Wrenched on all previous bikes, but new to Twin cam and EFI....

"You don't need a tuner....."

by that I'm sure he's refering to a HD race tuner/super tuner, Power commander, etc. Those can tweak your air/fuel, PLUS timing. If you aren't going with a head job or major racing mods, there is no need to mess with the timing, only the fuel. That is why he mentions a XIED. A Dolbeck TFI, Fuel Pak, etc, is the same thing... a fuel management system. They allow you to add more fuel to the mix. You've already added more air with the new AC & pipes. If you don't richen the mix you will be running leaner than stock, and stock is already too lean (to meet EPA regs). Bike will run cooler too. Check your plugs. White = too lean, black = too rich. Tan is about just right. I ran a TFI on my 03 FLHTI and it made a big difference with SE AC & pipes. The dude at Dolbeck was one of the original designers of the HD Race Tuner. He saw the need for a less expensive option to only manage fuel. Everything else is pretty much a spin-off of his concept.

Nice post. I also have a FLHX with 103 power pack. I am trying to decide on which pipes to purchase. I would like ones with a deep rumble.

Nice post. I also have a FLHX with 103 power pack. I am trying to decide on which pipes to purchase. I would like ones with a deep rumble.

Check your local dealer, a lot of times they will add these to floor models, ask them to fire them up so you can hear them:s

Check out the Kuryakyn Perfect Storm by Mike Roland.

You get the open air breather, you get the header pipes whether true duals or 2 into 1 into 2 and you get the choice of your mufflers with either slip stream or the trident tips along with the TTS Mastertune and a map for the setup that works. I have this on 2 bikes and if i decide I want to do cam or motor work I already have the TTS to get it programmed and it writes directly to the ECM. It is a huge improvement over the stock 103 that comes from Harley as well as for the 110 I have in the street glide. I believe retail for the kit is around 1676.00 inclusive and there is no need for a dyno tune.

The maps for the different bikes and motors are right there on the site at:

Then call Jenny and get a discount on the whole setup believe she offers a 20 percent discount on all harley parts as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back