free website stats program 2010... Wide Glide vs Fat Bob | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2010... Wide Glide vs Fat Bob

like Zephead, I went in for the fat boy but after test rides was sold on the fat bob. Love it! I ride it both around town and 250+ mi day trips.

If you have it narrowed to these two , then the only choice between these scooters is your own. Whichever you like the best, whichever captures your eye....... thats the one for you.:s

I've been on several rides that were 6+ hours with small breaks on my 08 Fatbob with factory seat. I look around and even guys on the cruisers are stretching their legs and backs. I'm feeling fit as a fiddle and comfortable. I love it, and the big tire on the front makes those little grooves in the road nonexistent. Comfy ride!! BTW, i'm only 5'7"

so far love my 2010 FXDF. just sold my starter sportster as well, co-worker got a great deal. i test drove the fatboy and scraped up their foot board on the nice sweeping turn that I could do on my sportster, so thats the reason i went with the fatbob. i hadn't noticed any vibrations. :) possibly my sportster vibrated more is why. had to switch to a reach seat though because my legs were just a wee short trying to break and shift. of course thats not helping your decision on WG and FB, but as everyone has been saying, its all personal preference, so what my wife is fat and ugly.

I bought a 2009 Fat Bob in October 2009. Have put 10K miles on it in first six months, including a couple 4-day overnighters. Functional additions include HD bags, detachable windshield, stage 1 air and Rush mufflers, custom solo saddle, and floor boards. It's not a touring bike, but it's plenty comfortable for multiple 300-mile days. The HD bags alone are not big enough to carry multiple day's worth of stuff. They're not as roomy as they look because there is a cutout to make room for the shocks. I bought a Kuryakyn bag to carry most of my stuff on a tour. For a tour, off comes the solo saddle and on goes the stock saddle which serves as a platform for mounting the Kuryakyn bag. Four straps hold it down securely. The floor boards have been a great addition. Much more comfortable than pegs. If you cannot go the touring models, the fat bob in something like my configuration is a pretty good fall back.

I went to the dealer with a Wide Glide in mind. Really liked the look of them. After a test ride of both the Wide Glide and the Fat Bob I rode away on the Fat Bob. For my size, and because of back problems the Fat Bob just felt alot better. I sure do like the looks of the Wide Glide though.

I'm wondering which bike you ended up with?? I have the Fat Bob and love it, really smooth ride on ugly road, and it's really kind to my back after long rides. I also got caught in a really bad storm, lots of rain and strong winds, the Fat Bob stood up to it all. I was really surprised how well it handled in the heavy rain, no slippage at all.
I have read reviews about th skinny front tire on the Wide Glide being a little squirrely on bad roads, especially dreaded grooved road.

The Wide Glide did get me in the dealership to trade in my 03 xl1200, an i left with the Fat Bob....No regrets.

I had a 2006 wide glide and while I loved the bike and look I did not feel confidence in the skinny tire up front. I live around a lot of narrow country roads sometime with loose gravel and found myself going slower than I normally would when cornering on Touring ,Softails or other Dyna models.

Now I ride a 2010 Fat Boy.

Here is picture of my old Wide Glide.

Attachments

• WideGlide.jpg
    WideGlide.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 16
I bought my 2010 Wide Glide in April and now have 4500 miles on it. I love every minute of it.

The Fatbob is cool but I'm not a fan of the duel headlights

Back