free website stats program 2010 Road Glide Custom - Wobble at any speed | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 Road Glide Custom - Wobble at any speed

I have had wobbles on my 09 Ultra, turned out the front wheel bearing had collapsed, first time the dealer only replaced the side that went, now the other has gone which also caused a problem with the discs being damaged as well, however all repeared without question by the dealer...

That new bike should track like it is on a set of railroad rails. If not I would check tire pressures and make sure it was what the manual called for. Next suspect, neck bearings. If still not right, get out the long steel straightedge or 8' florescent bulb and check for wheels out of alignment. I am not sure I would be an advocate or riding one handed though. I have done it occassionally when checking for alignment confirmation but if your side of the road sloaps much, all bets are off. Bye the way, engineers sloap each side of the road in order to shed water, so they are not supposed to be level. Most any car will pull to the right slightly when you release the steering wheel because of this sloap.

Have a 2009 RG, started to get a periodic wobble between 40-50 MPH. I added a tour pack on the back and that's when frequency increased. Added air to rear shocks but to no avail. HD dealer test road it and did nothing as they could not replicate it. Took it back next day to dealer, (today). I'll keep you all posted to see what they say .

Have a 2009 RG, started to get a periodic wobble between 40-50 MPH. I added a tour pack on the back and that's when frequency increased. Added air to rear shocks but to no avail. HD dealer test road it and did nothing as they could not replicate it. Took it back next day to dealer, (today). I'll keep you all posted to see what they say .

Took it back today and they did duplicated the wobble and blammed it on a rough road, but also said they tightened the steering head bearing a bit and could not duplicate it again. I will let you all know when i ride it after i pick it up.

What is wrong with these dealers? Do they think people make up these problems? I had a clutch cable that leaked where it was crimped by where it went into the slinger cover. I complained three times and they said they could not find the leak. Mind you I even told them where it was leaking. Finally they (believe it or not) let trans fluid out making me run low on tranny oil. They even asked me why it was only my bike that seemed to have all these things go wrong (I actually felt they thought I was making this stuff up).Finally being so fed up I changed the cable myself. Guess what? No more leak. Of course a wobble problem is much more serious and it is a dealer problem. Keep at them and if neccesary find another dealer. Don't let them get away with making you feel your wrong. It's your bike and you know if things are running right.

I have a 2008 FLHX with a Jims 131" engine and have had some serious wobble problems. When the bike was new, I had rear steer so severe that when it would kick in when I shifted hard over 110MPH. It would go back and forth taking up about half of the lane. It calmed back down at about 70MPH. I solved the rear steer with a True Track and also tried the Baggers Brace. Both solved that problem well.
Most recently I have had a serious front end wobble that is really scary as the bike doesn't move back and forth quite as much, but it is much faster and more violent. You can just barely hold on to the handle bars. The last time this happened I was passing at about 130MPH and it was all I could do to hold on and slow the bike down. I was probably about 100 yards away from a head on with a Semi when I gained control and switched lanes.
This problem has also been solved. I took my bike over to Pocarello, Idaho to
Chop's Garage. Chopper and I took the front end apart and reassembled it with Ricor Intiminators in the shocks, Dyna beads in the tires, and tightened the neck bearing well beyond Hareley specs. Chopper was meticulous about reassemling everything. My problem is solved. The bike runs like it is on rails.
Chris

I have a 2008 FLHX with a Jims 131" engine and have had some serious wobble problems. When the bike was new, I had rear steer so severe that when it would kick in when I shifted hard over 110MPH. It would go back and forth taking up about half of the lane. It calmed back down at about 70MPH. I solved the rear steer with a True Track and also tried the Baggers Brace. Both solved that problem well.
Most recently I have had a serious front end wobble that is really scary as the bike doesn't move back and forth quite as much, but it is much faster and more violent. You can just barely hold on to the handle bars. The last time this happened I was passing at about 130MPH and it was all I could do to hold on and slow the bike down. I was probably about 100 yards away from a head on with a Semi when I gained control and switched lanes.
This problem has also been solved. I took my bike over to Pocarello, Idaho to
Chop's Garage. Chopper and I took the front end apart and reassembled it with Ricor Intiminators in the shocks, Dyna beads in the tires, and tightened the neck bearing well beyond Hareley specs. Chopper was meticulous about reassemling everything. My problem is solved. The bike runs like it is on rails.
Chris

Leave it to Chopper to get it right the first time, your in good hands, oops thats another commercial:s

I had a wobble at 40-45 mph and then it would go away. Is the tire on the right way with arrow roatation? I am not being a smart. the dealer but the tire on with the wrong rotation.
I would go with neck bearings. How many miles?? Does the dealer have the same bike that you could test ride that one to see if it acts the same?

Just my 2 cents

Back