free website stats program 2010 Heritage seat holding water | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 Heritage seat holding water

Just bought a new 2011 Street glide and it is doing the same thing. I have a 1996 heritage and never had this problem. Went to harley and called harley direct and they said to deal with more or less. There is no way a seat should do this. I have had 5 bikes and not any of them have held water. But this one does.

I have an Heritage 2009 and mine does retain a bit of water along the stitches. I will try the candle trick and re-apply some leather dressing.

Thanks!

Ray

I have a new 2011 Street Glide and it is doing the samething. My 1997 heritage that I still have has never had this problem. I have less than 500 miles on the glide and the seat is as wet as if i had 100,000 miles on it.

Just bought a new 2011 Street glide and it is doing the same thing. I have a 1996 heritage and never had this problem. Went to harley and called harley direct and they said to deal with more or less. There is no way a seat should do this. I have had 5 bikes and not any of them have held water. But this one does.
Yep, Deal with it is the answer from Harley every time you have a problem. Like my 2010 Heritage fuel gauge that hasn't worked since the bike was new and they just replaced it with the same defective unit. Now the additude is just go away. Now I'm dealing with this seat issue and destined to walk around with a wet (EDIT) . So I say to Harley (EDIT)

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I finally took the bike off the road for the winter so I figured I could be without the seat for a couple weeks , so I took it to the upholsterer and he took the seat cover off and sealed all of the seams from inside, put two layers of plastic on the padding , and reattached the cover. He was not surprised why it was leaking at the seams. The bike still has two years of worthless warranty left, no thanks to Harley Motors. Hope they go out of business during the recession. Who needs them with all of the aftermarket parts out there that are better than what they make.

The bike still has two years of worthless warranty left, no thanks to Harley Motors. Hope they go out of business during the recession. Who needs them with all of the aftermarket parts out there that are better than what they make.

And if they went out of business where might you buy your brand new Harley Davidson??????

no thanks to Harley Motors. Hope they go out of business during the recession.

It's not so much the MoCo as it is the local dealerships. How the dealership treats you is how most think of the company as a whole. There are just too many techs that only want to beat flat rate hours in order to have 52 paid hours for a 40 hour week. Sure they can replace parts but many don't understand electro/mechanical theories. And close enough is always good enough.

I think the the Mother company is very generous when it comes to warranty claims. The dealerships are just ripping off the MoCo. It's a license to steal.

I think the the Mother company is very generous when it comes to warranty claims. The dealerships are just ripping off the MoCo. It's a license to steal.

On my 2008 EG, Zanotti who was not my selling dealer replaced water spotted speedo in the last month of warrty no questions asked. Once bike out of warrty by 6 months MOCO did a goodwill to replace a broken fairing bracket and again 1 month and 900 miles later. Again both brackets were replaced at Zannottis where I did not buy the bike. So I agree 100% Hoople, it is mostly the problem with the dealer not stepping up and doing what is right for the customer....

And if they went out of business where might you buy your brand new Harley Davidson??????
Thats not a problem either. I've bought many over the last 40 years and this is my last , but anybody that wants one would be better to buy S&S reproduction anyway. In past years and all of the new Harley's that I bought , the only warranty claim that I had was for a leaking head gasket on a 79 Low Rider and back then they didn't believe in hassling the customer like recent years.

Back