free website stats program 2010 FLSTC Stage 1 dyno results - comments? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 FLSTC Stage 1 dyno results - comments?

Bud,
Yes, I was actually replying to entry point #7 when you came in with #9.
You read my mind!

Hoop!

The AFR line is *very* flat throughout the range.

To know if that is Good or Bad you need to know what the "desired" A/F ratio map looks like.
If the "desired" A/F radio WAS 13.4 across the RPM spectrum, then your V/E table is near perfect. If the "desired" A/F ratio was something other than 13.4, your V/E map needs to be modified.

And just to add more confusion to the mix, each cylinder has its own A/F ratio .

Last edited by a moderator:
Yer killin me. :)

What constitutes 'desired'?

I'll turn it around, standby...

Here ya go

Attachments

• afr.jpg
    afr.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 37
Yer killin me. :)

What constitutes 'desired'?

I'll turn it around, standby...

What you WANT the A/F ratio to be is the desired A/F Ratio. Those are the numbers you place in your A/F ratio map using a Laptop.
But even though you may WANT (or enter) the A/F ratio to be a certain value, when you check it with an Infra-Red exhaust analyzer it may be something else. To correct that difference between the desired and actual, you must modify your V/E map table.

The V/E map table is the volumetric efficiency table or how well the engine is an "air pump". The better it can breath, the higher the volumetric efficiency.

Hoop!

Keith,
Would you happen to know how long in seconds those pulls were?
I don't see anywhere where it states that. Also are you actually above sea level where those pulls were made? (28.64" HG)

Hoop!

Nice smooth AFR line looks about 13.2 little twitchy at 2k-2500

Ok, thanks, Bud. Not knowing any better, I just wanted some independent verification that quality work was done. Being very new to this, I feel like its easy to get hoodwinked.

Ok, thanks, Bud. Not knowing any better, I just wanted some independent verification that quality work was done. Being very new to this, I feel like its easy to get hoodwinked.

it is .. one reason i asked if it was motor city i know couple engines that melted down from there

What you WANT the A/F ratio to be is the desired A/F Ratio. Those are the numbers you place in your A/F ratio map using a Laptop.
But even though you may WANT (or enter) the A/F ratio to be a certain value, when you check it with an Infra-Red exhaust analyzer it may be something else. To correct that difference between the desired and actual, you must modify your V/E map table.

The V/E map table is the volumetric efficiency table or how well the engine is an "air pump". The better it can breath, the higher the volumetric efficiency.

Hoop!

Desired for me is a motor that runs well, cool enough, and that I get a reasonable boost in performance for my money. The improvement in sound I can verify is terrific. Many complements from the neighbors. :D. And the V&H BSS look great too.

it is .. one reason i asked if it was motor city i know couple engines that melted down from there

Perfect! Ray (Service Manager) came to ABC from Motor City in the last year - in fact many defected from Motor City in this wave and came to ABC. Parts manager, Service manager, at least 2 sales guys.

Not sure what was going on, but gotta be something.

Merge

Desired for me is a motor that runs well, cool enough, and that I get a reasonable boost in performance for my money. The improvement in sound I can verify is terrific. Many complements from the neighbors. :D. And the V&H BSS look great too.

It Looks Like your in Great Shape. Nice charts & the Bike should pull !

Back