free website stats program 2009 or 2010 Street Glide | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 or 2010 Street Glide

If you go to the HD web site you can see that there is a $1000.00 differance from 2009 to 2010. So are they dropping the price on the 2010 or have they jacked the price up on the 2009? What are the prices they are quoteing?

I'd go for the 2009.
Pros for 2009
1. Seperate rear brake light. I like the additional visibility to the cagers and I also like the look better.
2. Traditional dual exhaust.
3. Straight cut fitth gear. My 2009 makes a little noise but I have to turn off the stereo and really listen for it. Straight cut gears are stronger.
4. No catalytic converter. To me this is a really big reason to get the 2009. There are companies that will let you remove the cat but I am not sure what the legal ramifications are if you get caught. I believe it is a fairly hefty fine on a car if you remove the cat. I have read that the cat glows red hot on the 2010 and that the bikes run even hotter than the 2009's.

Pros for 2010
1. If you decide to trade or sell the bike you will get a little more money back.

Like Sc Says, plus I think baggers look better with a pipe on both sides, kinds of balances things out. The 09 also comes from the factory with cruise control, which I really like. ( 300.00 option on 10 ). There is something to be said about resale, but that can also be used for a barganing tool. I would say if you could beat him down in price, say 700.00 or more for the 09, plus the cruise. I would say the 09 would be a good buy. Kind of depends on the person, Like some else said : Walk around them, look them over. Either way I don't think you can go wrong.

Last edited:
I just bought a 09 the other day. Got the dealer to knock $1100 off of the MSRP, and no catalytic converter in the head pipe either, and those 2 items were major selling issues to me.

I just bought a 09 the other day. Got the dealer to knock $1100 off of the MSRP, and no catalytic converter in the head pipe either, and those 2 items were major selling issues to me.

I ALSO BOT A 2009 instead of a 2010..... THE 09 was 1400$$$$ less and NO shipping or set-up charges....

WHAT WERE THE PRICES ON THE BIKES if you would post ONLY TO BE 200$ DIFFERENT....

That may be a GOOD or BAD thing...2009 should be DISCOUNTED this late in the 2010 model year...

I would like to hear the $$$ on YOUR 2 bikes...NOT to rub your nose in it ..

just see if they are treating YOU fairly and comparing ONLY HELPS ALL to get a good buy from the "WAY OUT OF LINE DEALERS" so please post the prices...

THANKS

signed....BUBBIE

the brake lights are plenty bright on the 10, non issue, you would have to see them, i was skeptical at first

I got an 09 before the 10 came out , the only thing i wish I did was wait so I could get a better deal. The 09 is great , I had an 07 fatboy and roasted my legs, I can wear shorts on my 09 if I want. Go for the best deal you can get on an 09, you won't be depressed when you get the monthly bill.

If it were me I'd go with the 10.

It is highly unlikly that the stock exhaust will last long anyway.

I personally don't like the off ballance look of a bagger with a 2-1, but that is me. A new exhaust would be one of the first things I'd do, but I'd got with the 10 none the less.

Back