free website stats program 2009 or 2010 Street Glide | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 or 2010 Street Glide

Iceman24

I'm trading my 05 XL1200C in for a new Street Glide & the dealer's got a 2009 & 2010 available (both new/Black & both have same options I want). Price is only $200 difference for the 2010 so I wanted to ask you touring experts which SG you'd prefer to buy? I know one of the biggest differences are the exhaust (09=2-1-2 & 10=2-1) and rear fender, but everything else looks identical. Any input/feedback is greatly appreciated.

I would probably go with the 2010. At some point, the 2010 has to be worth more since it is a model year newer (Certainly more then the $200) you will be spending. Aside from what you mentioned, I don't know of any other major changes. Congrats on getting a new bike. Be safe. :s

I'd be leaning towards the 2010 for the reasons already stated. A major factor is whether you like the 2-1 pipes or not. Another thing to explore is how badly he wants to move the unsold 2009's off the floor. You say $200 difference but I'll bet if you aggressively start talking price on the 2009, they'll either come down a lot more or throw in a big gift certificate or give you 20% off parts/accessories purchased with the bike - something like that.

It really is to bad that the dealer is not more motivated to move the 09. One of the reasons I say this is because I am a huge fan of rear brake lights you can actually see!! So now that I've spent my $.02, if it were me, I would go with the 2010.

Great problem to have though :D

What whining? I haven't heard it yet on my 09 street glide

I have an 09' RG, and when riding with a half helmet, stereo off, and stock exhaust many folks notice gear whine in 5th on the touring models. Usually it's reduced by replacing the tranny fluid with higher quality synthetic fluids. There are many posts on this forum about the subject.

Last edited:
The $200 buck discount he is offering is peanuts especially if you are financing over any length of time

This late in the season, Smitty's right (but Top is never wrong, eh?).

Major differences is exhaust: 2 into 1 and catalytic converters on the '10. 2 into 2 and no cats (except CA) on '09.

Tranny: Helical 5th gear on '10 for less whine. '09 whine is remedied by shifting.

Front wheel: 18" on the '10, 17" on the '09 (one year wheel).

Rear tail lights (where else would they be?) and turn signals: new configuration for '10 better or worse is opinion.

As far as one being better, what do YOU want? '10 will always be slighty higher intinsic value, all other things being equal. If you can start lower on the '09 that would negate this.

The cats can be removed with a little work, and 2 into 1 vs 2 into 2 is completely person style choice.

In the end, I would say walk around the bikes and buy the one you think is cooler. Then ride the snot out of it!
good answer....:bigsmiley22:

Back