free website stats program 2009 FLHX 6speed question | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 FLHX 6speed question

local bike shops that work o h-d's usually carry spectro, but i like red line they have a shock- proof syn. gear oil . i have to order mine from
HRPWORLD.COM. I ALSO LIKE THEIR 20X60 SYN MOTORCYCLE OIL TOO.

local bike shops that work o h-d's usually carry spectro, but i like red line they have a shock- proof syn. gear oil . i have to order mine from
HRPWORLD.COM. I ALSO LIKE THEIR 20X60 SYN MOTORCYCLE OIL TOO.

I'm a Totally Redline Products Guy...
20/50 or 60 for the engine
MTL or V-twin Primary lube (same thing, says so on the product description)
ShockProof Heavy in the tranny

If you do use Redline Heavy ShockProof Most noise and all wear disappears...:D

My 09 FLHR runs quiet and ALL previous Evo & TC bikes did great using it, Never a tranny problem in all the Many miles I used it.

Take a look.

Red Line Synthetic Oil - ShockProof® Gear Oils - Heavy ShockProof®

signed....BUBBIE

i mean, its not always in 6th gear, and i agree that its luggish under 60, any rate, i picked up my spectro and i will change fluid in the mornin and update

Translated from Morse Code

I don't pay attention to the speed, I run in certain RPM ranges.

Usually about 2,500-2,600.
Bike seems happy.

I've tried what ever came with the bike, Red Line, and Spectro. So far, I like Spectro the best ( I don't like to disagree with Bubbie, but, I'm sure He'll forgive me ).

Our mutual Forum Friend "The Tank" has Amsoil for sale... I recommend trying as many fluids as you can.

I do agree with gusotto in a way. I'll pick the highest gear that the motor seems happiest with pending on conditions. If I'm putting along without a lot of throttle changes on the flat and level, 6th gear works for me even as low as 40-45MPH. My bike is different than yours, your results may vary! If I ask for too much, She'll let me know and I'll kick it down a cog or two.

Cheers!

I've tried what ever came with the bike, Red Line, and Spectro. So far, I like Spectro the best ( I don't like to disagree with Bubbie, but, I'm sure He'll forgive me ).

Our mutual Forum Friend "The Tank" has Amsoil for sale... I recommend trying as many fluids as you can.

I do agree with gusotto in a way. I'll pick the highest gear that the motor seems happiest with pending on conditions. If I'm putting along without a lot of throttle changes on the flat and level, 6th gear works for me even as low as 40-45MPH. My bike is different than yours, your results may vary! If I ask for too much, She'll let me know and I'll kick it down a cog or two.

Cheers!

DON'T WORRY about ME............:bigsmiley19:

:bigsmiley18:I have WAYS to recover.....

I WOULD like the "op" to try the spectro and after 3/5 thousand miles then drain and Put in a Quart of "Redline ShockProof Heavy" and HE will see and HEAR the DIFFERENCE this product makes.:devil

signed....BUBBIE

As of this morning I'm due for the 15,000 mile service. I'll be eager to see what, if anything is on the transmission plug magnet.
WAP.gif

Back