free website stats program 2009 FLHX 6speed question | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 FLHX 6speed question

tmillburg

i just bought this bike, and in 5th and 6th gear the tranny seems to have a wine to it, the bike has 11k miles, iv heard its a typical problem but i have doubts

5th gear does it durin any mph and 6th does it at about 60 or less, it might do it above that but i cant hear it over pipes

Translated from Morse Code

Last edited by a moderator:
The gears are cut differently and some bikes have more noise than others.
It's normal.

I never had a noise on my '07 Ultra but I also use Spectro 6-speed tranny oil.
It's made for the 6-speeds.

Did you check tranny fluid level on your bike...? Also, get two quarts...believe 09 6-speed holds 36oz., but mine was full w/one last time I swapped. Now I'm ready for next tranny service...

Did you check tranny fluid level on your bike...? Also, get two quarts...believe 09 6-speed holds 36oz., but mine was full w/one last time I swapped. Now I'm ready for next tranny service...

ya i checked it, its fine, iam guna change it

i just bought this bike, and in 5th and 6th gear the tranny seems to have a wine to it, the bike has 11k miles, iv heard its a typical problem but i have doubts

5th gear does it durin any mph and 6th does it at about 60 or less, it might do it above that but i cant hear it over pipes

I alwasy thought that 6th was for speeds over 70 mph - wouldn't the engine be "lugging" pretty bad in 6th @ 60mpn??

Back